Why we should all boycott Israel

I found this article interesting. I admire the courage of jewish people everywhere dissenting from the unfolding disaster. I particularly liked Eyal Weizman’s incisive observation.

4 Likes

First Dog on the Moon cartoonist in the Oz Guardian.

1 Like

Heartbreaking :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I was so appalled when I first heard that report while I was eating my dinner and felt such an anger that I couldn’t swallow for several minutes. Once again seeing it now my teeth hurt from being clenched so tightly, I can’t adequately express the anger that I feel at the moment.

2 Likes

I feel exactly the same David, and have done for days.

1 Like

It’s painful, isn’t it? I should be surprised about the girl and ambulance men, but somehow I’m not. :worried:

2 Likes

The feeling of impotence as these crimes continue. I’ve sent the usual complaint to my MP which will no doubt be immediately deleted.
What is going on in the Whitehouse. One hears that Biden is very angry but will he do anything?

1 Like

Personally, I’d call Netanyahu a murdering war criminal but at least Biden is getting the message.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/biden-reportedly-fed-up-with-netanyahu-calls-him-asshole-over-conduct-of-gaza-war/amp/

1 Like

Not before time.
Of course, there is a large Jewish vote over there.

1 Like

Interesting reply. You claim the intention is to expel “to get rid” of the local arabs in the West Bank & Gaza over years. So please explain how come they are doing such a poor job at it? I write this as over, say, the last 25 years the local population of both have risen substantially. (together with improved infant mortality & life expectancy) . For example when Israel vacated Gaza in 2005 the population was 1.3 according to the census of 2004 million and now its about 2.3 million

It is not a “claim”, it is the stated intention of many in Isreal Gordon.

This might give you some valuable insight into the evolution.

Also you can hear it from the horse’s mouth if you want. The stated objective of Ben-Givr (Security Minister) and Smotrich (Finance Minister) and others is to take over Gaza, the West Bank and even a bit beyond. They think it all belongs to them anyway, God gave it to them. Ben-Givr has even given lectures abroad with his “enhanced” map of Israel. The fundamental issue here is that if you are a religious madman you believe the second coming (FFS) is on hold until that’s achieved, plus if you’re not then a land grab is good business anyway. These folk want it ALL me old Mate, and the reasonable, rational Israelis (and jewish people abroad) that want peace before lunacy have lost control of them and the West has let it all fester and grow.

Meanwhile +/- 15,000 wonen and children have paid the ultimate price :frowning:

You are well aware of the approximate I million Jewish children murdered deliberately because of their faith during the holocaust ? I make this retort as you seem to constantly want to demonise one side only for months now?.

I thought the Jews were still waiting for the first coming?

I bow to your superior knowledge Billy, I’m no expert on the comings and goings of deities :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I am indeed Gordon, and the many people of other persuasions and creeds that were slaughtered with them. But that was then and now is now Gordon. Our objective should be to prevent further genocides, not to justify them or to try and rank them in relative horror. Nothing justifies the Israeli governments actions. Not just now, but over the last twenty years.

Of course Hamas are savages, but they are savages that Netanyahu and Likud used to prevent a two state solution. No less than the mujahideen/Al-Qaeda bit the US hand the fed it, Hamas has bitten Netanyahu and it is the innocent Oct 7th 1,200 and the hostages that have payed the price for his arrogance and incompetence. Sadly, he since has added maybe 20,000 Palestinian women and children to his total score. The sooner an ICC arrest warrant is issued for him the better.

4 Likes

The Syrian civil war was not so long ago. The Sudan civil war has been ongoing for a year. These are just two examples apart from the Gaza war. Did you post any comments on these two also horrific events which have caused far more deaths than Gaza? That’s my point. You are just focused on this for your own personal reasons. You are in good company here?

No Gordon, neither Syria nor Sudan pretend, as Isreal does, to being first world democracies.

1 Like

How is this relevant to what is happening now? Several wrongs (very bad wrongs) don’t make a right.

5 Likes

The Syrian war is still going on it is just not in the headlines anymore. The figures for those killed and/or dying of the hardships caused by it are easily found. The Sudan civil wars have been on and off for some decades. The latest is from 2023. The only people giving information are those collecting death/starvation records - not good press eh. Also they do not have dominance over the media corporations as Israel does - which is backfiring grandly due to grass roots support for the Palestinians/Gazans. Look at the war started by Russia and Mr Putins desire to regain the land in Ukraine that once was part of Mother Russia before previous governments parted with it - that was dominating the press for quite some time but not now.

I think you will find that most people are aware either from personal knowledge of when Israel was declared and the British army went in of what was happening. Also people of my generation were fortunate in that we read newspapers who were not controlled and knew of problems of apartheid wherever they occurred - 75 years is a long time for an occupational force and illegals to enact as they have.

2 Likes

Another outrage.

2 Likes