Wild weather -October /November 2018

We’ve had a few nice days, but I can almost smell the rain in the air… :neutral_face:

and Meteo France tells me to prepare for storms and hailstone… I’ll be hiding under the covers… :relaxed:

Looking good here for the next couple of weeks :+1:

Great for you… sadly we have often had a terrible turn to the weather just before (and during) our Village Fete, which is traditionally Ascension Day (Thursday).

I’ve even know it be boiling hot for the Wednesday, then give us frost and freezing winds the very next day… only to have the sun smile on us again on the Friday (or rather, the sun smirks at us… :wink:)

Fingers crossed… all will be well this year… please… :roll_eyes::relaxed:

Been good, bit too 'ot yesterday, hope you are fortunate on Thurs :wink:

1 Like

Warm with a hazy sun in Basse Normandy and looks set fair for the next five days. Vegetable plot could do with some light rain, though.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for, though… :wink:

1 Like

Been watering for a while, looks set fair for a week or so in SE56.
Line on the, new/old, barograph has been going, v’ slowly down, but leveled off, must admit, it’s an interesting ‘bit of kit’ :smiley:

1 Like

After a reasonably sunny week… I decided to plant some geraniums… they are now quaking in their pots as the wind howls and the rain is lashing down… arrrrrgh

It’s just arrived here Stella, like night outside, hailstorms and a storm predicted! So pleased I managed to mow the grass under heavy cloud this morning !

1 Like

I got mine done last night fortunately, absolutely hammering it down now.:cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain:

No wild weather here - hasta la vista :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sunny periods here in SE Brittany, but quite cool, baro’ still ‘on the level’ :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

My baro is pointing midway between fair and rain… we have had sunshine and torrential rain… so I suppose the happy medium is, indeed, where the needle is pointing… :thinking::relaxed:

Neither of mine 'prophesy Stella, one mercury tube, the other the graph, so you have to make ‘yer’ own tale up :rofl:

what does the mercury tube tell you ???

The atmospheric air pressure Stella. But the reading has to be related to altitude and temerature.

Ah , well in that case, high pressure is generally a sign of dry weather, isn’t it… hence Mercury Rising is “good”. :relaxed::thinking:

Generally, but more important to us sailors, is whether the pressure, high or low, is rising or falling rapidly.

Well, “you sailors” had better keep a weather eye open… and firmly fixed on the barometer… :laughing:

Hot water bottles are filled and gently dispensing heat… yippee… night, night everyone…