Wild Weather Weather 2019 - and after the tempests

How about a small petrol generator such as the ones from honda, or cheaper a small one from Lidl for under 100 bucks. They will charge an iphone, run your computer and provide light as well. You might even be able to boil a small kettle, although not all at once. They are very quiet, not like my 12KVa beast, but better than sitting in the dark.

2 Likes

It was 17 degrees here yesterday, a little cooler today. Maybe I will keep my t-shirts at the ready :wink:

Our escape from Brigadoon was short-lived.

However, we ended up in Perigueux in 22c sunshine, swiftly stripping off our coats and layers (some of them anyway)
 3 hours later the rain came back and we have (once again) returned to the dark, damp, misty country village we call home
 :hugs: and thrilled that I left the CH on low, 'cos the sunshine and “heatwave” never got this far
 :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Now we have TempĂȘte Fabien arriving this weekend

Stay safe everyone.

stella woodsmwTeam

1h

Now we have TempĂȘte Fabien arriving this weekend

Stay safe everyone.

Isn’t he the one that sells you insurance ? :smile:

2 Likes

Fabien, c’est notre pĂ©pite de bonheur.:hugs:

1 Like

I’m sure he is, & he has many good comments from members on here.
Pretty wild winds here at the mo & we’re not in a weather alert area. Hoping that all are safe & sound & don’t have to claim on their insurance policies.

3 Likes

The wind has changed direction here in 56
electric still on thankfully and only dipped once today
the water supplied to the front of my house and my kitchen and hot water boiler via a little local syndicat went off the day after my electric went off but has come back on this morning
:slightly_smiling_face: wasn’t sure whether I would be without hot water over Crimbo

I ventured out to shop for enough supplies to see me and my Collies through Crimbo and new year and also to put €25 diesel in my car
I’ve resisted panic buying feeling that there are others who maybe need fuel more than I do and although I’m happier to maintain a full tank €25 has put me back on 3 quarters

I’ve never yet claimed on my house insurance
several years ago with no electric to our commune for 48 hours I just chose to throw out stuff in the freezer that I didn’t fancy eating but anything meat based or fish based went to my raw fed Border Collies
:slightly_smiling_face:

Recycling my glass was quite a challenge today
I have to drive to recycle glass and the unit is really exposed to the elements
was almost blown off my feet
! :grinning:

2 Likes

Any of our forum members in the Pyrenees ??

20 houses badly damaged in this village

Next door had no indoor sanitation when we bought our house here in 2005. She had a commode in the barn which was emptied into a gully running under the courtyard and into the fields.
They didn’t change it until she had a heart attack ten years later.

1 Like

Gosh, we have had a windy day or two, but you really seem to have taken the brunt of this awful weather in the South West.
I hope all of you are keeping safe.

2 Likes

Exactly what most of the hamlet did in 1987, you would always see terds in the little stream that goes though the middle of the hamlet. Something I found amusing was that whilst installing a fosse septic to the house I was living in the neighbours that put their N° 2s in the stream called out the GD’s crying it was un hygienic. lol.

If you’re flying today
 avoid this cloud formation :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/155562191123948/posts/3775452575801540/

Beautiful to look at 
 but
 oh dear
 :frowning:

Dangerous clouds and C-19 looks like Mother Nature is getting angry :rage: with us

I’ve flown close to a few TS but that is one nasty bastard - a real white knuckle ride
 the updraught can carry you up to the edge of space with your plane in bits and pieces and the downdraught smash you against the terrain below - truly frightening.

What a shame it is on FB, I’d have quite liked to look.