Wild Wonder (not!)

[Wild Wonder named Dulux Colour of the Year 2023 (dezeen.com)](https://)

Aka. ‘beige’…

Oooo I like that Wild Wonder colour… beats plain old beige any day…

1 Like

Haha “a soft gold with hints of green” they should be selling ice-cream to Eskimos.
I had a tent that colour back in the 70s.

1 Like

I think most things in the Seventies were beige

Wild Wonder’s nothing to do with ’ the global shift toward sustainability, reconnecting with the outdoors and wanting to be more grounded, particularly following(!) the recent period of uncertainty.’

We’re still in that recent period of uncertainty, with no end in sight - Wild Wonder is actually about nostalgia and a longing for blandness and security.

1 Like

I think it’s darker than beige non? :rofl:

Dirty beige?

1 Like

Thats a bit deep and philosophical for me, I think I will stick to Teal :smiley:

1 Like

It’s vaguely similar to the colour of my Saab. A colour which I have always described as ‘metallic dirt’.

Multi-storey carpark beige.

Non. It’s beige. There’s beige and beige. This is beige.

Posh peoples’ paint co, Farrow & Ball, have a tone ‘Normandy Grey’. Living in Calvados I wonder if they are taking the Mick or are serious. But it did set me off on a project to shoot cloudscapes here, channel my inner Constable.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s dirty beige

1 Like

There is a place for beige. The suede desert boots that officers in the Royal Horse Artillery wear when knocking about in depot rig. Very cool.

1 Like

A french painter and decorator would call it a type of coquille d’oeuf.

1 Like

Nuancier Coquille d’œuf (02) – Photoshoplus

And an anglophone painter (but not a decorator) might describe it as a shade of burnt sienna light or of yellow ochre (I’d go with the latter)

See:-

Yellow Ocher information | Hsl | Rgb | Pantone (icolorpalette.com)

Surprisingly, the world of beige is quite large…

Yes it’s large spectrum, and a very common term in vernacular colour.
From types of pigments ranging from and not only, yellow oxide, natural sienna, burnt sienna, which you can also add some red oxide for a darker reddish brown tinge or a blue pigment for a sharper greener aspect.

1 Like

To beige, or not to beige, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous reds,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of blues
(misquote from an old geezer)

2 Likes

[quote=“digitracker, post:16, topic:41101, full:true”]

Or how about:-

To re-beige, or not to re-beige, that is the question:
Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of bland Seventies’ revivals,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of alien, post- Brexit foreign shades ?

Haha, you beat me at my own pun :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve just done our new guest bathroom in travertine, which might be unflatteringly described as ‘posh beige’.

But it still looks bloody good!

My living room and kitchen floor tiling is travertine, many shades of posh biege. :joy:

1 Like