Wildlife Cameras

Hi Bonzocat ,
I have two of the same, your right about the pricey tag but with this type of product Imho you get what you pay for.

1 Like

Seems that the hedgehogs I see around have made nests but are using them only during daytime to sleep – not to hibernate.

All the hedgehogs that I see in other garden cams, spend a lot of time eating cat food - and scratching, just like this one!

The temperature shown in this video is 8°/9°C in the early morning but often drops lower to 3°C. Tough little critters.

This video is taken with my new garden camera, Campark TC22 4K (125.99€) powered by a solar panel charging an internal high-capacity lithium battery. No other replaceable batteries. Even though my setup is facing away from the sun in a slightly downward direction the battery is always around 90% charged. Light from the winter sky seems to be enough even underneath my plum tree.

It has Bluetooth and local Wi-Fi, which means that you can connect to it with your smartphone, and download videos to your smartphone from 25 metres away, or you could remove/replace the SD card as I do anyway.

Only drawback compared with the Bushnell Nature View is that it has fixed focus wide angle lenses - one for daytime and another for nighttime. And there is a little distortion in the wide-angle daytime lens, but acceptable.

And if you have a lot of videos in the camera, the Bluetooth/Wi-Fi system takes far too long to download to the smartphone.

It’s a different sort of camera and you use it to its best capabilities. I’m well satisfied. Edit added. The infra-red setting is on the lowest setting in this video, so it’s pretty powerful!

The Campark solar camera takes good closeup videos as well – this video, taken 4 weeks ago, needed no editing.

The window sill is about 750 centimetres long, so not a bad closeup for its fixed focus wide-angle lens.
The video file is large though – 960 MB. Took 2½ hours to upload a short 4k video to YouTube.

1 Like