Windows 11

Installers version should not need anything above 1.2, the general idea is basically see what 11 will run ok on, they are as usual shooting themselves in the foot.

Windoze 11 will soon let you know how long updates will take to install…
I wonder how well that will work :thinking:

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

In fact, even if you want to run W11 installing Linux first - then running Windows in a virtual machine with an emulated TPM2.0 will be the best way to go if you have older hardware.

1 Like

W11 won’t run in a Parallels virtual machine on my M1 iMac even though W10 has no problems. More MS bullshit.

Good article, and I agree with the conclusion, MS sucks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bit the bullet and installed Windows 11 on two of my computers, one i5 with 6GB memory and 1GB graphics card, the other i3 with 6GB memory and intel 4000 graphics, so not high end PC’s.
I cannot believe how easy Microsoft have made disabling the system requirements check, half hearted is an understatement, but after a dire warning about it might not work, both installed perfectly well if slowly.
Both work fine with a noticeable increase in performance and apart from the taskbar icons/start moving to the centre, it’s ok so far.

2 Likes

I have heard some good thngs about performance increases, although I suspect there’s just clever bit of caching going on and more demanding tasks will be similar to running under W10.

Did you have any issues with TPM?

My laptop does not meet the required spec due to TPM being of too lower standard.

The lower spec laptop does not have TPM :wink:

I have an HP ProBook 430 G2 - 13.3" - Core i5 5200U 16gb 500gb ssd - it is about 6 years old.

Do you think it would cope?

Perfectly :sunglasses:

Thanks all - I might try it, though tbh I’m happy with one W10 and one W11