Women’s Football...!

But telling other people not to be ‘political’ is surely one of the most political things it’s possible to do?
‘Cancel culture’, init?

4 Likes

Show me where I have said people cannot be political, all I asked was a pleasant , positive thread wasn’t politicised

1 Like

there you go…

Why on earth shouldn’t @Lizzie1 voice her thoughts - surely you are the one trying to cancel her views, which, in my opinion, were perfectly valid. Do we really need the Guardian reading men to politicize a thread dedicated to a joyous occasion which celebrates the outstanding achievements of women and has nothing whatsoever to do with British politics. ‘Common sense’, init?

2 Likes

where did @Geof_Cox do that? I certainly didn’t see it that way…

4 Likes

Precisely Graham - well said!

The difference between Lizzie’s and M.Apples posts and @DrMarkH 's, etc, is that the former are in so many words saying ‘you can’t say that here’ - all Mark did was conjure a comic image of the way a politician might celebrate the football win - neither he nor anybody else has said anything like ‘you shouldn’t say that here’.

These attempts to police other people’s posts/threads are a truly fascinating political phenomenon though, aren’t they? We could discuss that - but I’d rather go back to the football myself!

3 Likes

The last few posts encapsulate why despite having 0000’s of members not many want to participate in even the most ‘uplifting’ of threads. :frowning_face:

7 Likes

Potentially, yes.

Also,

This is my new ‘Bitter Guardian hater’ alarm for every occasion someone makes a jibe about the guardian.

It is the only alarm that gets more use than the ‘Guardian article posted’ alarm, the purpose of which is quite self explanatory I hope. I couldn’t find a good anti-guardian gif for the ‘Guardian article posted’ alarm, so a gif from The Guardian will have to suffice, telling The Guardian and poster of the article to be quiet.

3 Likes

Pour changer

Euro féminin de football 2022 : à Wembley, l’Angleterre sacrée championne d’Europe pour la première fois

Victorieuses des Allemandes au bout de la prolongation (2-1), les « Lionnes » anglaises remportent l’Euro 2022 dans leur antre londonien.

L’équipe d’Angleterre après sa victoire face à l’Allemagne (2-1, après prolongation), le 31 juillet 2022, en finale de l’Euro.

3 Likes

Even I watched a good few games and I refound what a good gameof football is all about, basically playing the ball, looking to win though playing without any drama Queen anti tics often seen in the mens game… All in all a gr8 tournament of football!

4 Likes

Sorry everyone, but given the longstanding, well-documented association between men’s football administration, financial shenanigans and political posturing, I genuinely expected certain high profile Tory politicians to dive in (but surprisingly, and to their credit they haven’t).

Are they so engrossed that they haven’t noticed, or do they have the good sense to keep away from an issue about which they don’t really care, rather than pretending to be a longstanding fan of women’s football. At least they’re not trying to make it up like Blair and his claims to have sat in the Gallowgate End watching N/c Utd’s folk hero Jackie Milburn when Blair was actually four years old and living in Australia. at the time

[True grit | Labour | The Guardian](https://)

Lastly, why does Johnson keep dressing up in the working clothes of occupations he’s not capable of doing (and that includes his crumpled, now ill-fitting Saville Row suits - the man’s tailor must weep over his lost customers).

Given that de Pfeffle has outlined a plan to fill the Lords with circa 50 of his cronies sworn to do his bidding after leaving office to screw up any plans of his successor, perhaps he’ll elevate the whole of the Women’s English Football squad to Baroness’ as a starting point :flushed:
He’s a bit short of Russian oligarchs at the present time…

There they go, there they go, there they go!

@DrMarkH Thank you Mark, for killing a nice post and thread on a great football tournament. Franchement bravo. :disappointed: Chapeau!!!
@graham WTFare you on? Please, if you must reply… Keep your dummy in the pram.
We are taking football FFS and good football at that!

4 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t see why my post ‘kills’ or invalidates all the other enthusiastic responses. Also I haven’t made any comment about the football, so I don’t understand the basis of your gripe.

Tbh I think the warm weather being back is affecting people or something. This place is starting to feel a little like back in the covid days when people were locked down in their homes and went a bit stir crazy and SF became bicker-central with people snarking and squabbling and a few troublemakers trying to upset everyone until they eventually got the boot. I’m not sure why others have to ‘put people right’, correcting everyone else’s opinions or snark or bitch about others, some seem to spend more words complaining about what they think other people shouldn’t put on here than actually contributing anything useful.

Anyway, I can feel the annoyance rising and this is becoming a rant so I’ll stop now, not least as I’m getting dangerously close to some of the sorts of things I’m commenting about. Hopefully people will get out in the beautiful weather, enjoy their lives and unhealthily bicker with and seek to control the people they know in real life and will let people say what they like on here, even if it’s a load of claptrap, of which I hold my hands up to being a prime offender :joy:

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:
I don’t at any time need your permission to post on SF…

1 Like

Now now boys…!

2 Likes

What started off as a great positive post in praise of something after all the doom and gloom has turned into a nasty niggly and negative affair with peripheral issues overtaking the positivity.
It confirms why I post much less than before on this forum.

11 Likes