Wood burning stoves

Hi,

Thanks John & Stella. What I’ve discovered is that the US Hearthstone Stoves are imported/made here by a Spanish Company

http://www.hergom.com/gbr/home

Oops an enormous link, sorry. I have emailed them to ask where they are made but no reply yet. Our Spanish electrician says that stoves & maybe everything (!) is a lot cheaper in Spain. So more to discuss with our French installer on Wednesday.

I was looking at another British made stove, but apparently without a Flamme Vert rating you don’t get the tax relief on the stove.

Compliquée innit?

Thanks again,

Roger

PS I had a helpful chat with Peter Bird about Brissac & his local place in Limoges were very good & his stove also has soapstone at the top & sides. From YouTube videos I know they can take 30 minutes to get going from cold but once you’ve got embers in the morning they’re quicker.

Hi Roger
This is all getting involved, but very interesting.

Flamme Verte is highly recommended these days I believe… and how about wood pellets… (just another line of enquiry) :slight_smile:

Flamme vert is total BS, should be called flannel verte. Like the owner of Burley said re: HETAS, write them a cheque and they give you a badge. France rates it’s stoves up to 7 stars for flamme Verte but the stove still can’t manage more than 75%, some lower rated stoves 3-4-5 stars are marginally better???

Godin and a Flamme Verte now that’s a laugh, the old castings from turn of the 19th century haven’t changed, Invictas that are uncontrollable, On the world stage of wood burners France is nowhere.

Roger you may not get your credit de impots with a foreign stove but a very efficient one will be more controllable and save you 25% or your annual wood consumption. In the case of the Burley it burns so cleanly it lights the creosotes that other fires line your chimney with so the whole thing works better/cheaper.

Hi Roger

This is an interesting link that give details about the Flamme Verte label .

https://www.fonte-flamme.com/page.php?page=label-flamme-verte-11

In 2000 the Environment Agency “le concours de l’Agence de l’Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l’Energie (ADEME)” got together with the producers to set specific minimum standards and the Label (Flamme Verte) identified products and the standards they met. The scale of 1*-4* was set but, since then, the scale has been increased to 7* as technology improved.

In 2016 appliances now have to be 5*- 7* to qualify for the Credit d’impôts.

1 Like