Woodstain varnish

I usually buy Sadolin wood treatment but looking around the Brico’s I saw Evalux extreme stained varnish. Wondering if anyone on SF has used this and how long it has lasted, thinking of using it on pine fencing.

on outside woodwork I use ‘lasure’ works well, a heavy stain. several colours

It is a lasure, however not all lasures are created equal. Sadolin is great but now around €74 for 5 litres its expensive so looking into French equivalents. V3V products are now available in the UK as well via the B&Q Castorama, Brico Depot group. But I have no experience of using these. Hence the question, so which ones have you used?

I’ve had good success with both Lidl and Aldi lasures (woodstain) for exterior esp Lidl France. Better to wait till they do the large tins though the 1L or so is much less economique.

I put it onto soft wood 4 summers ago, 2 coats advised, I did 3, and 2 extra after that on one very exposed part that had really dried out. It’s guaranteed 2 years and still fine this year with 3/4 very rainy winters and 3 summers with bouts of 32-34 degrees and even briefly touching 43 degrees for a few days one summer. I’ll overcoat it again this year. But don’t really have to as it’s not flaking or peeling. Only 1 small patch I’ll recoat 2 or 3 times as think i missed it on the original job.

Brushes - lasure option in the Lidl multipacks of 3-5 brushes makes it feel “lighter” to apply (I think they are actually Dulux brushes) clean in water and the tins carefully resealed were usable following year. Price close enough to UK Lidl prices although I think the Lidl France stuff is made in Germany.

1 Like

I used the cheapest one at bricorama, been on a exposed table for 3 years. still ok.

1 Like