World War One centenary

I’m Chair of Trustees of a small arts charity and we’re taking a brass band out to Estaires, Pas de Calais, on the Western Front over August Bank Holiday weekend - part of events to mark the centenary of the end of WW1. We’re need of help.

1. On the ground - does anyone live in the area who might be able to help us with practicalities on the ground on the day? e.g. help with organising chairs for the band to sit on…We’d love to see you and would very much appreciate a hand.
  2. Publicising on web listings in France - does anyone have any idea of good sites to post events - ? (the band will be playing a concert).
    Many thanks!

I would suggest you make contact directly with the Mairie in Estaires (looks quite a lively place). Natalie Debacker is the adjoint in charge of cultural events and I imagine she would be happy tp assist you. See ville-estaires.fr/vie-municipale/conseil-municipal/elus/

Thanks for the suggestion, David. In fact, the event has been organised in cooperation with the mairie, who have been enthusiastic but it has proved hard to elicit responses from them on such details as how to publicise it and on more mundane things like help with organising the chairs! We are hoping to connect with some British people living in the area who might be able to help and also have local contacts.