Wrong side of the road

As far as I aware the allegations are that he had sex with Virginia Roberts Giuffre three times two decades ago when she was 17.
Quite possibly within the age of consent at that time.

If you are intending to persuade that intercourse was consensual under the loathsomely corrupt and coercive circumstance, for which there is commanding evidence, you are IMO on a richly deserved hiding to nothing.

1 Like

Is there “commanding evidence”?
Was there coercion?
In the photographs that I have seen, she does not appear to be stressed or under pressure.

To avoid any doubt, from what I have read Prince Andrew appears to be a loathsome individual.

However I am not in favour of trial by media.

Relating back to the original subject, he didn’t kill anyone.

Most states age of consent is 18 if you you even think it’s okay for grown man to have sex with a 17 kid that is disturbing

1 Like

The alleged act took place in London so the relevant age is 16

The illegality hinges more on whether she was brought over specifically to sleep with Epstein’s mates - in which case it is trafficking and a completely different kettle of bananas.

2 Likes

So you are saying it’s right for a grown man to have sex with 16 years old child what is wrong with you defending that the law is there probably if bought of the sexual partners are the same age

No one is saying this is acceptable. Just pointing out the UK age of consent.

What’s disturbing is YOU making assumptions about my thoughts.

My comments have been strictly related to what is legal / illegal.

Like Nigel I am not happy that you are putting words in my mouth.

What matters is the law of the land and whether you, or I or anyone else likes it the age of consent in the UK is 16 (ISTR it is 15 in France) so it is perfectly legal for a 40-something man to have sex with a 16 year old, assuming said man is not in a position of trust such as a teacher, or e.g the girl had been trafficked.

As to the morality - i think it too complex a matter to issue a blanket statement - while I would certainly view a relationship between an older man and a young girl with suspicion one would be foolish to comment without examining individual circumstances.

3 Likes

I heard this on the World Service. Poor law making with appalling consequences.

Minimising and evading responsibility. It doesn’t matter for how long she was on the wrong side of the road, nor the speed she was doing beforehand etc - what matters is that because she did something moronic and illegal in control of a heavy piece of moving machinery, she killed somebody.

5 Likes

It just gets worse…

Of course. The whole thing stinks.

1 Like

Gross incompetence by the foreign office letting it happen. Raab really couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery :roll_eyes:

1 Like
1 Like