Wrong side of the road

I seriously dont think they will get very far. Her absconding under the Diplomatic Immunity cover wont get far in a court of law. They can only hope that she turns up in another country (which she wont or once again with DI) and this country will arrest her and extradite her to the UK. I dont think that will happen. They would have a better chance to send some of the gun toting rebels round to see how she is.

I don’t suppose they will Roger but it keeps the heat on Raab and the spotlight on their son’s case. I imagine they need to feel they are doing something to get justice for their son. Those poor people, such a tragedy for them.
Izzy x

[quote=“IzzyM, post:162, topic:27608”] I magine they need to feel they are doing something to get justice for their son. Those poor people, such a tragedy for them.
Izzy x
[/quote]

It is indeed a tragedy and I agree that they may get some consolation from the process of accountabilty that might be delivered in a magistrate’s Court. Am I right in think that this would be where a trial would be done?

I’m not sure what kind of judgement might be reached by the court, and what penalty imposed, but I seriously doubt it would meet the parents’ expectation of justice, or match their very understandable grief. Whether it would reflect their sense of grievance is another matter IMO.

I agree and imagine that this is the catharsis they are looking for.

What really appalls me is the running away. If you have done something wrong (whether by sheer accident or stupidity or on purpose) you own up and acknowledge it and you apologise. You don’t just weasel out of it. Late is better than never.
If whateverhername is, the driver, can live with killing someone I expect she she is hard-nosed enough to deal with a bit of public opprobrium.

3 Likes

It depends what the charge is ,causing death by careless driving can be either Magistrates or Crown Court .Causing death by dangerous driving is purely Crown Court

1 Like

As I mentioned at the head of this thread, it’s still my intuition that her running away, or more likely her being spirited away hastily, was more to do with a high level military intelligence decision, probably involving both the UK and the USA than with any ideas Ms Secoolas had herself as to what was right and proper.

Thanks Eddie. I’m presuming the level of charge would be, eventually, in the hands of the Attorney General, because of the involvement of a citizen of a very significant defence ally, the USA.

With that in mind, what’s your best guess as to where the accused might face justice, and on what charge?

I don’t really care who decided or why, it is a morally bankrupt thing to do. Unless you are going to be strung up summarily with no trial or a fake trial, there’s no reason to run away. That isn’t the case here.

2 Likes

If she has any kind of humanity, that lady will have to live with her guilt for the rest of her life.
I have known a couple of people who had, through no fault of their own, been driving a car when someone got hurt. Both were extremely distressed, reluctant to get back in a car and had lost all confidence in their own driving.

1 Like

but they were decent people Mike.
Yanks don’t give a shit in Trump land. If the poor lad hadn’t died at the roadside, she’d probably have euthanised him anyway for getting in her way :frowning_face:

The great majority of Americans are normal decent people. The ones we here most about are the exceptions.

1 Like

The population of America is just as politically divided as the UK.
Anyone who votes for Trump needs their head examining. They are mainly the haves who want more
or who really believe that Trump can rescue their old fashioned carbon polluting industries.

with the worrying ability to carry arms given by the 2nd Amendment.
The NRA closely supported by Trump is an equally worrying trend - it’s like the wild west all over!
I’m completely comfortable about living in an EU state where the forces of law and order carry arms routinely but not citizens encouraged to use them at will…

They’re not Jane, a huge part of his base are the white ‘have nots’.

It’s a hangover from the time when they might have to defend themselves against the British at any moment. . . . .
Even more worrying is the unwritten law that says you can use black men for target practise with impunity.

2 Likes

She has been reported as an ex CIA agent and higher ranking than her husband.
Begins to look less like a cowardly flight from justice and more probable that she was deliberately “lifted” before too many questions were asked about her actual role in the UK.

2 Likes

The shold do a trade with the prince Andrew

Why - what has Prince Andrew done that is illegal?

Plenty by the sound of it

3 Likes