Your Favourite Christmas Songs

I’m not a big lover of Christmas but do like a sentimental (or otherwise) festive song.

My absolute favourite is this one which some in Ireland want banned because of the word “faggot” in the best line in a Christmas song ever.

What’s your favourite Christmas song?

5 Likes

That’s the only one that I’ll stop and listen to.

1 Like

This is mine, although there are several others I like nearly as much. And certainly not The Spice Girls cover!

The video is very 80’s though!

2 Likes

When my daughter was small she hated ‘the drunk song’ as she called Fairy tale of New York. Now an adult she appreciates what it means.
I love most Christmas songs and especially Anthony Warlow singing O Holy Night

2 Likes

It’s strange there are a few seasonal songs that I enjoy playing on my saxophone but it’s a bit of overkill at this time of year because I refuse to play them until the 1st December so it’s a few weeks of them then eleven months without.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ the Apple Tree.
It is to be included in the Sivignon Carol Evening this Thursday.
We have to hold it in the Salle again because of bad weather.
Cold is no problem, but heavy rain is.
A sign of global warming?

2 Likes

I did see a you tube vid of Fascinating Aida’s Christmas song, might be a bit too rude to put a link on here though​:astonished::astonished: (easy enough to find)

1 Like

Hadn’t heard this till recently…it’s ok :guitar:
Christmas Tears

2 Likes

It seems that every supermarket I enter has Mariah Carey and her Christmas song belting through the loudspeakers!

Should be banned as being dangerous to the health…if I hear it one more time I may just throw a tantrum and throw my shopping all over the floor !

2 Likes

Oh la, excuse me but I can’t resist posting this … :dizzy_face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuZQVDhrJNI&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1ZwWOF5kPNRdhmCgA-felQI2JNTEOWi_nxyAqB5EVn7LQDvy4934Dc9U4

1 Like

Frank Sinatra…love listening to him while baking in the kitchen. And “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” Gayla Peevey

1 Like

2000 miles by the Pretenders for a modern choice, Oh Holy Night traditional

2 Likes

In no particular order -

The Pogues (Fairytale of NY), Chris Rea (Driving Home For Christmas), Elton John (Step Into Christmas), Wizzard (I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day), Slade (Merry Christmas Everybody), Jona Lewie (Stop The Cavalry).

3 Likes

In the past I used to do a lot of driving at Christmas time and Driving Home for Christmas became a bit of an anthem.

2 Likes

Love this, c1949

2 Likes

Nice Christmas ditty. (warning - Anglo-Saxon words)

1 Like

Driving home for Christmas by Chris Rea…O wait a minute, you can’t :wink::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Despite hating Christmas that is one of my favourites, it was inspired by Rea driving home to Middlesbrough from London in the snow when he was skint.

2 Likes

My favourite, Greg Lake ‘I believe in Father Christmas’ :santa:

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkMkVFwAoo

2 Likes