Got this one too watch when I get time, so glad you enjoyed it @Bonzocat ![]()
Currently watching this… 3 down, 1 to go
Got this one too watch when I get time, so glad you enjoyed it @Bonzocat ![]()
Currently watching this… 3 down, 1 to go
One of the best movies - ever!
I watched it in a group where there was a very straight down the middle police inspector from the sticks who thought it was a comedy. He is not conversant with the US mid-west ![]()
Blue Lights never ceases to impress - Series 4 now on BBC.
But have a cushion handy, it’s pretty tense.
Not sure it’s been mentioned yet, but I’ve really enjoyed Stanley Tucci Searching For Italy on Amazon prime. Just finished season 1 and have started season 2. It feels so much more authentic than some of the previous cooking/travel programs about Italy that they’ve produced.
Deprived of Netflix for some reason not explained last year, though I didn’t complain because I had already decided to bin it, and effectively from YT, on the TV but not on the computer for some unexplained reason, and as Saturday and Sunday evenings TV presentations are not to my interest, I idly began looking at my remote.
It has a Netflix button, a YT button, a Home button, and, never really noticed before, a Prime Video button. I suppose I thought it was some sort of pay to view thing but I pressed it anyway. Up came a whole list of stuff some of which asked if I wanted to pay but non of which I particularly wanted to watch until, that is, I got to ‘The Day of The Jackal’ Seen it years ago Edward Fox et all trying to kill de Gaulle, wouldn’t mind watching that again, I thought, pleased I knew the outcome already and pressed the button.
Started to watch at dinnertime, about 7 ish and by almost 3 in the morning noticed that episode 10 would soon start. ![]()
Enough, I cried and went to bed, but when I have another half lifetime to spare I might try to get back as I do admit most of it was gripping. But not the film, not even a film, but a whole 10+ episode series. I realised half way through that that is what it was but just thought I’d stick it out to the end. I have heard some of you saying how you settled down to binge watch something or other before, but I never have, and am not sure I could do it again.
Eddie Redmayne (who I only knew before as sharing the name of a sporting goods store in Nottingham) is the star, recognised no-one else, just in case any of you are interested. ![]()
Funny thing is, I often fall asleep in front of the telly of an evening, and sometimes oversleep in the mornings when I have no rdvs, but I was wide awake from 7 'till 3 last night and up bright as a button at 8 this morning. Weird. ![]()
BTW one last thing, why on earth so much superfluous effing and blinding? I do it myself when alone, but never in company, but these people added it as often as full stops and commas, even parents to their kids. Why? ![]()
Well, having a couple of hours to spare this afternoon after finishing work needing done and walking Jules I completed the Jackal marathon. I reckon the whole thing start to finish took at the very least 11 or even 12 hours, exhausting, I enjoyed it but would never have started if I had known that.
Bur at least I know where to go if I have a couple of days to spare in the future with no viable alternatives. ![]()