Your photos - beautiful or interesting skies

Continuing the series with the theme of beautiful or interesting skies inspired by a ferocious thunderstorm this afternoon and a very angry looking sky.

Below is a picture taken today just after the thunderstorm. The clouds were just beautiful although, sadly, the picture doesn’t do them justice.

Please share your photos, I love to see them.

1 Like

Here is another one. Beautiful sunset looking north west.

7 Likes

Lastly, for now. I know I’ve posted this here before but it’s my favourite photo of the sky I’ve ever taken. Bay of Biscay from a P&O ferry in May 2006.

4 Likes

Threatening sky or not, is that a rainbow ?

11 Likes

That’s extraordinary!! Fabulous sky. Definitely a rainbow :rainbow:

1 Like

That’s definitely the aurora of an unidentified invisible craft coming gently through the clouds…

Or, on the other hand… it might just be something else… :relaxed:

1 Like

Thats one of Babeths pics, taken when ‘Enedis’ were installing their ‘linky meter’, in a friends holiday home, ‘any connection’ do you think Stella? :thinking:

1 Like

This one was like a sudden dividing line in the sky as storm clouds rolled in…

3 Likes

This one I like because I felt it was my focus on it that formed my initial…lol…x :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And these two…”The Dragon” was here…and “The Eagle” was in UK…x :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Lovely photos Helen. Thank you.

1 Like

Do love the eagle (Babeth)
Here is a sunset in a bottle

6 Likes

Just want to be ‘clear’, all my pics are not mine, they are Babeths :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I only had my phone with me and couldn’t do the view justice.

11 Likes

Lovely Bill.

1 Like

Beautiful David. Looks like the sky is on fire. Thanks.

1 Like

We’re so spoilt to get magnificent sunrises - at home and on holiday :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Gorgeous. Thanks Simon.

Kenya, overlooking the N gong Hills outside Nairobi

3 Likes

Wonderful Terry - I always tried to take a trip out to Karen Blixen’s house when on a layover in Nairobi - magical place ‘at the foot of the Ngong Hills…:slight_smile: Happy memories…

2 Likes