Your photos - fruit/veg/plants/flowers that you have grown

It’s been a while since the previous post so here’s the theme for this one - anything you’ve grown yourself whether it be herbs on a window ledge, enormous aubergines or roses in the garden.

I love seeing all your photos so let’s be having them.

Before Hubby became too ill he loved to grow tomatoes. Here he is proudly displaying a couple of enormous ones. Also, the biggest of them in a frying pan! Taken summer 2010.

7 Likes

Monster…

2 Likes

Tasted wonderful as well. You can’t beat home grown tomatoes.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve got one of those… had two, but one got demolished by accident… :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve just eaten my first ever home grown pepper. Sorry, no photos.

2 Likes

Apple, Potimarron and Butternut, Onions … P1040220

3 Likes

And that was suppose to be lovely tasty fresh french green beans, a proper masacre, just cut at about 10 cm high by I suppose rabbits ! :tired_face::sleepy::persevere::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

:unamused:

1 Like

And lots more squash to come :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bugger about t’ beans tho’ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’m going to have a lucky guess… wild garlic?

1 Like

Beautiful Babeth.

3 Likes

I’ve got three of them…what are they…??? x :slight_smile:

It’s a 2+ year old Leek! I ‘forgot’ to harvest it. :sleeping:

3 Likes

Wondering why leeks were ever planted in my front garden before I got here…??? x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had two, now one… they sprang up a few years ago and come back every year since…right in the middle of a rockery… no idea how they got there… :thinking:

1 Like

Edible garden, maybe planted by the vind?
:+1:

1 Like

Very likely…there are also chives in my front garden…Outback where the most of my half acre is I think the lady who owned the house before me planted rows and rows of potatoes and other root vegetables…I think it became too much for her and that’s why she sold up…I confess I haven’t done much with the land outback yet…I have many apple trees and plum trees and walnut and hazel which I share with next door at harvest…at some point I would like a small poly tunnel for tomatoes and courgettes and peppers and herbs etc…

I haven’t planted anything yet except sown some wildflower seed… so can’t take credit for these flowers which although they weren’t here when I got here…have sprung up since…I don’t interfere with this bit as I have little brown lizards living amongst the rockery…x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Courgettes, squash etc, grow like weeds here, no tunnel, in SE Brittany Helen :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like