Your photos - watery scenes

I nearly didn’t leave. Who knows what I’d be doing now had I stayed…probably a mountain guide, or a goat farmer :wink:

2 Likes

Around almost every blind bend - right in the middle of the road… goats or cows… or fallen rocks - phew, some hairy driving adventures. :upside_down_face:

Yes, there can definitely be a few brown trouser moments!

OK, this one isn’t from France.

Google Photos

View of Starnberger See, and the town of Starnberg (on opposite shoreline), in Oberbayern, Germany

1 Like

Schön! As you are a fan of Corsica, here is a pic of my grandmother’s home village (she was born in Indochina but she is buried here).

4 Likes

Geil ! (is that still an “in-word” ?) At a guess, somewhere in/near the Cap Corse ?

1 Like

A classic tourist view, seen on all the postcards in the tourist shops…

Google Photos

I Calanchi di Piana / Les Calanques de Piana

2 Likes

It is Cargèse, on the west coast N of Ajaccio (right next to the calanques de Piana). So pretty :heart:.

Ha ha, didn’t remember the coastline being so rugged, as you can’t see the harbour in that shot :wink: I remember that church though, and its twin opposite, for the dog muck I sat in on seats outside when taking a picture of it :poop:

Apologies for posting off-topic as no water, but the church opposite (“Greek” orthodox style Catholic) the one Véronique posted:

Google Photos

Chiesa San Spiridione

The dumb thing being that I have an almost identical shot of the church you posted, albeit without the sea, with my wife standing in front on the parvis of San Spiridione - memory is failing :joy:

1 Like

Beautiful village - as we ranged over the island, I think we visited every church on the island - and I certainly seem to remember this one. :hugs::hugs:

Final one for today:

Google Photos

Lake of Menteith, with Ben Lomond (Scotland) in background

5 Likes

The only lake in Scotland, beautiful :relaxed:.

If only the weather was so clear more of the time :wink:

It’s a watery scene in that it’s chucking it down here in the Pyrenees - taken a few minutes ago. Never seen a rainbow so low.

8 Likes

Car art

6 Likes

…is it OK to keep this image for reference, please, Simon? I try to paint rainbows sometimes…

Of course it is Jeanette :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tarmac chromatography !

1 Like