Zanussi dishwasher problem

Hi. My worktop Zanussi dishwasher is filling up but rhen not starting the cycle. It thrn counts down through the minutes and drains, I am guessing heating element. Anyone know a plumber in area 57 Brittany that could help?

Here is the pretty litte thing!

Great news, Helen!

Just to update on the dishwasher problem. Now we may just have got lucky but we decided to wander in to our local Euronics City and tell thrm about our problem. They said could we bring it in, we said no. So a nice man called Francois said he would call round the next morning to take a look. He turned up and spent an hour on it, had all apart. Couldn’t ind fault so said he wuld take it back to the workshop and would call later in the day. He did! Unfortunately motor gone and heating element not good. English machine, no spares in Fance and anyway repairing would probably have cost clos o a new one. Francois said he could order us a very similar one for 349 euros, deliver and fit! Time agreed for this morning and he was here! Best bit was that the price was all in, nothing extra for 2 visits to the house and all his work! Am I in France???

Yes, Sheila has just nailed one of ours - the filter on the hose gets limescale build up and then we have to do a clean up...

Ok, that reminds me of a problem we had last year with showers and taps. We took off the little filters at the end of each tap, and had normal pressure. We soaked them in vinegar for a couple of days and put them back on - no problem. Perhaps you could check the hose that supplies water to the dishwasher, which will have a little gauze-like filter on it, and see if it's become clogged?

That’s interesting Brian because oe of our upstairs taps is running really slowly and this only started yesterday! Our water pressure is usually really high. Thank you.

Area is actually 56, not 57. I am in Josselin, think one of these groups (Laval) might not be far away. Thank you.

We have this frequently. Our plumber (for whom we are waiting at present with a shower problem :-( ) has had a look at couple of times. We have a water pressure problem, basically caused by limescale build up, and most dishwashers (says he but also one other) and washing machines need a certain water pressure before the heater will activate. I am just a clueless customer repeating that, but it may be part of your problem and worth asking the plumber when you get one.

Okay, so back to search for plumber. Not sure where you are but I have found two groups for people living in Brittany. You could try posting there for a plumber.

http://www.survivefrance.com/group/inhabitants-of-laval

and

http://www.survivefrance.com/group/inhabitants-of-saint-brieuc

It doesn’t have one unfortunately!

Oh dear. So it does look like the heating element is the culprit. I suppose you've checked on a cold wash to see if it will run through a cycle?

Thanks Sheila. Have checked for blockages and checked the water which is cold.

Stop it halfway through the cycle and see if the water has heated at all. Also check the blades/fans or whatever they are called, and make sure they are not blocked. Rice is a big killer for that.