1st wedding anniversary

So I am looking for something for my wife for 1st wedding anniversary.

I have been looking fro nearly 3 weeks and nothing has caught my eye. (well stuff has but if I spend that sort of money I will get shot no matter how lovely)

Anyone got any ideas on where to go in France online and get something nice.

The first anniversary gift is normally paper, what about a divorce petition?:grinning:

2 Likes

Harry, IMHO the things that come ‘from the heart’ are more important than the amount of money spent.
For example, have you some photos that reflect your year together, maybe make an album 'personal 'or find a really good photo of you both and have it framed.
Even if you don’t like cooking ( I don’t) try to have a romantic evening with lots of candles around, a bottle of wine, some music that you both like, some simple nibbles for an apero. Some flowers that you have picked from the garden. Believe me, it’s the things like this that will hold special memories for you both, and that your wife will really appreciate.
A relaxing massage is also something that will go down very well. Don’t try ‘too much’, we women really do like the simple but honest things.
At the end of the day it’s for you both, relax , chill out with some wine, laugh, cry, remember the good days and the bad but above all celebrate being together. Happy 1st Anniversary with many more to come :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did, go casually, past a bijouterie, tried to look interested, "anything you like pet?"Went down well. And something for you too Harry, to mark the occasion, perhaps :wink:
Bon Anniversaire :+1:

1 Like

Paper, hmmmm 500€ notes are a lovely colour…
No seriously a book, a week-end away, a keepsake…

3 Likes

Sod that I vote for the 500 Euro note ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks all solution found a hand made card with paper flowers.

3 Likes

Keep ‘em coming, Tim ! You’ ré on a winner there :grin::+1:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Totally agree with Veronique & Anne, the 500€ note you could put it in the card, after all, its paper, on you paper anniversary. 1 year 365 days & hope you’ve had & continue to have many a priceless moment.

2 Likes

Oui, sec, sec, sec mais les blagues Tim j’en reprends par gourmandises… :yum:

1 Like

you see and people wonder why others do not want to post to the group

I find this sort of remark very idiotic. Im trying to find a gift not get stupid answers.

2 Likes

We’re all different Harry, my sense of humour may not be to everyone’s taste but it’s harmless. I had assumed that the thread was a bit ‘jokey’ as most people don’t ask total strangers what to get their wife for their wedding anniversary.

4 Likes

Quite right Timothy.
I would be horrified if Jim could not find something by himself.

Oh come on guys lighten up - Harry was simply asking for some ideas - hardly a capital offence .

Happy Anniversary Harry!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And neither was making a joke.

FFS - 1 ALL - does that help ?

2 Likes

My niece has started a lovely anniversary tradition. On their first anniversary, they had a professional photo taken of them in their garden, holding their wedding picture. Then, on the second anniversary, they had another picture taken, this time holding the portrait from their first anniversary which shows their wedding picture within that portrait. With each year they’ve included the babies in their arms, now toddlers. Just a thought, it’s a tradition that can last a lifetime and, within each photo, you can see the happiness and the love and the tiny tiny image of their original wedding photo. Hope this makes sense.

1 Like

yes yes your husband is amazing. I was simply asking for website places so that I COULD find something. Maybe Jim can get you divorce papers as your mate tim suggested?

1 Like

https://www.scribbelicious.com/ is where I am now going to find my wife’s present. At least someone was helpful out there instead of being a critic.

2 Likes