1st wedding anniversary

Can we always know what is humour and what is tragedy because if this story is true every one will be feeling sad.Who wants any one to feel unhappy!

sorry to hear that Tim.

Yes sadly as with humour we often do not know others personal situations, take for instant had on the Tuesday morning after the papers arrived someone cracked a joke of careful tim if your not careful your missus is gonna leg it. or something similar. There is much humour to be had in life we just have to be mindful that all humour is not humour to everyone. I was only saying the day before to my friend I do not know how she is coping. She is better off without him and I never liked him anyhow and hes moved in with another woman.

WARNING - attempt at humour coming upā€¦

oh wellā€¦every cloud etcā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe there should be a special ā€˜attempt at humourā€™ icon :wink:
I must admit to wanting to reply with ā€˜humourā€™ on several posts recently, but the angel on my right shoulder said ā€˜donā€™t go thereā€™ . Especially on Timā€™s recent post but I did restrain myself :innocent:

1 Like

Tim IS FUNNY. Just at times hes like the guy with the badly timed punchline as we all can be too.

in the words of a little BGT star ā€œSavageā€

its like a mini Tim https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEH432lNEo

Only the ones when his mother was alive.

Anyhow once the gifts I carefully selected arrive and my wife has opened them i will post a pic.

Now time to go and enjoy this sunshine with the dogs before it becomes too hot for them and they all go back in the shade.

Its days like today that I think of dogs locked in kennels where they are spending their entire day often in cramped conditions inside a small bedroom. So many places not giving dogs the required 5 mtrs square floor space per dog in the bedrooms alone.

1 Like

Sorry to read your news Tim.

I think I better clarify that my earlier post related to the demise of my first marriage many years ago, marriage number six is going very well though.:grinning:

4 Likes

ā€¦ thats quite a few

1 Like

Iā€™m only kidding Harry, only on number two so far.

1 Like

I was almost feeling sorry for you.

I didnā€™t doubt youā€¦ as a member of my extended family has been divorced 5 times and managed 3 live-in-lovers in between timesā€¦ :roll_eyes::open_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It may have been a long time since the incident, but some things donā€™t fade with time, they get more haunting and more distressing, not less so.

I look back on things that happened to me, and to things that I did to others, and with more awareness of the long term consequences, the ever-widening ripples of grief and sorrow, and a deepening of remorse. Especially when I realise that the past cannot be undone.

Of course, the same is likely to be true of the good one has done, despite oneā€™s failings. One day, perhaps, the whole screenplay will be played back, frame by agonising frame, for me, us, to watch, and for our human hearts to break.

1 Like

We are fallible, even me :thinking:

Yes, Bill, and possibly the courageous response is less ā€œeven meā€, but ā€œespecially meā€. But thatā€™s a question each of us must make for himself/herself. No-one can make it for us.

It took me all of hours of 24 hours to get over it as I knew I should never have married her in the first place, within minutes of her walking out of the door Iā€™d changed the locks and apart from allowing her to collect some more stuff with her parents the following day she never set foot in the house again, my whole motivation was to keep the house which I did and it enabled me to have the life Iā€™ve got now.

2 Likes

remarkable!
Getting married was like having a cup of coffee in the morning; done without too much contemplation and then when it was over a quick swallow of a lem sip and the chill is over.
I suppose it was all easy and painless. Just as well as for most of us it would have been a nigytmare?

Yes it was easy and painless for me because I made it so, I refused to use a solicitor and did everything myself which I guess most people wouldnā€™t even consider doing. Once I had got a mortgage approved I paid the agreed settlement figure and the house was put into my name so within six months of her walking out I could get on with my life again, canā€™t see what the problem is with that.

Regarding your comment about marriage, I took it seriously and did my best to make it work despite my reservations but my wife simply decided she wanted to be with someone else and left without any discussion whatsoever, I was faced with either feeling sorry for myself or man up and deal with it, I choose the latter. Iā€™ve now been with my current wife for 21 years and happily took on her four very young children (aged 1 to 7) which I can tell you was a massive challenge and is something Iā€™ve never regretted.

3 Likes