1st wedding anniversary

that site is addictive. Ive now got my mums and my sister in laws birthday present sorted as well.

3 Likes

Oooh Jane sapphire anniversary on the horizon!! Lots of scope for doing something nice (if it were I, I’d like to repaint my kitchen sapphire blue, for example, although that’s not very glam…) lots of plants with sapphire blue flowers (or there’s the rock option, of course :wink:).

1 Like

Why did you say that Harry, you were doing so well.:grinning:

well apparently after 43 years it qualifies us for making unpleasant remarks. Not my words.

1 Like

Happy day today though. got my kids into all summer activity centre at a not so extortionate rate, managed to find my wife’s wedding anniversary presents and to top all that the sun in shining in the sky.

4 Likes

At the moment it is duck egg blue.
Maybe a weekend away.

2 Likes

ah Jane dangerous competition !!!

C’mon Harry - chill! I laughed :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I was Harry, no sorry :unamused:

Tokens are always good - personalised ones I mean - “This token entitles the bearer to breakfast in bed for the next four Sundays” sort of thing - and paper too! :slight_smile:

Yes I have always done that for my close loved ones … had some good laughs too with the more, shall we say, personal ones :wink:

2 Likes

Can you two just ignore eachother please, I don’t have time for this.

4 Likes

yeah sorry touchy subject. my friends who had been together 23 years got married 8 months ago and he has just filed for divorce because hes now in love with another woman (4 weeks after she told him she was expecting). vows seems to mean nothing to many people nowadays. That is the problem with social media when you do not know people, what we see as a joke could well be offensive or upsetting to someone else. Always best to avoid trying to be funny with people just do not know.

Yes Harry. A few stray words in the wrong direction can make someone very un happy.

1 Like

Have you let him out of the dog house yet Teresa ? :wink:
We ( my French’ partner’ and myself) have decided for some years now , that we don’t do Christmas, too commercial and not our favourite time of the year. He comes to mine for a simple lunch, we give my mum a couple of ‘silly bits’ and laugh over Christmas crackers, and my cooking ;-). Christmas evening I go to his where he prepares a fabulous meal and we listen to all our favourite music .
Birthdays, we each choose a night away ( Airnb or dormir pas cher) don’t buy gifts but exchange cards and ‘tokens’.
‘Anniversaires’ , a nice home cooked meal (not by me) in the evening , maybe a bicycle ride and picnic during the day. It’s enough :slight_smile:

Ha ha. It’s a few years ago now and he learned his lesson.
Like you we don’t spend much on each other at birthday and Christmas.
He loves walnut whips and I like amaretti biscuits so it’s fairly predictable.
We tend to put most effort into a fun birthday card.
Anniversaries we try to go away for a break or at least out for a nice meal.

1 Like

i always get feelers for special gifts.

I remember her engagement ring. Her friend was looking over some rings for hers and was askig my now wife what she liked in the shop. (the shop knew in advance to watch for this and while our friend was trying rings on the wife of the jewellery shop was asking her some questions. Once she had picked one she personally liked they put ti back but as soon as they left they removed the ring she picked and I got a phone call to go in. They also by her trying rings on got her ring size.

The next week we were passing by the shop and as i had not seen the ring our friend had picked we stopped to look, we went in and she enquired to see the ring she liked (it was sold unfortunately) hehehehe.

She was a bit sad as she wanted t show me the ring she liked.

I picked up the ring a few weeks later and took it to another shop that was making me heavy xmas crackers. (to hide the weight of the ring and box)

put them all together and took them to my mums house.

Come Xmas day we went to my mums and I helped set the table. (no one but my auntie knew what was going on as i needed at least one person to help me co ordinate it all)

Sitting down to lunch (the cracker was rigged to ensure I won ( made sure to pull hard as i needed the box to fall on the floor) This was the crucial moment and if it failed i had to alter my plan. Luckily it all went to plan and the box went right under the table and my Niece grabbed it. It was about to go tits up!! I am under the table she looks at the box and at my face, grinned like a Cheshire cat and handed me the box!! I came up box open, my now wife saw the ring she had picked out 2 months previous and the rest is history.

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary to you both…x :slight_smile:

Well said Harry :+1: re ‘humour’ be careful folks :wink:

Happily married (or so I thought) on Tuesday, wife moves out on Friday, divorce papers arrive Monday, anyone beat that?

As for humour, perhaps someone could tell me in advance what will offend or not as it obviously doesn’t take much.

Happy anniversary Harry, I’ve heard the first 43 years are the worst!:grinning:

5 Likes