2012 End of the World and All That

Given that those in the know have programmed the end of the world for 21st December 2012 (Except for those who live in Bugarach in the Aude), and in the style of: if a tree falls over and there is no-one around, does it make a noise? (or if a man speaks and there is no woman around, is he still wrong?)

If the end of the world happens but no-one knows about it, will it have any effect?

Thats what the turkey said

Dont blame the turkey its got enough on its plate

21st december not good for me, could the Apocalypse wait until 23rd as appear to be free.........oh, no come to think of it i will be cleaning the gutters that day, make it 24th so can miss the mother-in-law's christmas "nibbles" (sprout and asparagus soup)....whom do i ask to arrange it for me

Aye lass, twa it is. Just make sure there are NO turkey sandwiches, don't want to have to go to the toilet to empty my guts as the apocalypse happens. Would be typical, I am always missing those unmissable moments but usually live to regret it.

I think the Scots actually put 'inti' before 'fada' which was originally a way of getting revenge on the English. The Arabs borrowed it!

For my bucket list, read above average size swimming pool list...

do i need to wear clean undies for the forth comming Apocalypse, as December is not my "clean pair day"......as if i have enough to worry about, i shall be off t prepare sandwiches for all!!!!

"LIKE"

Brian :Yep. Same word, spelt the same except in Irish there's a "fada" in there, as in Sláinte.

Celeste, "bucket list" = a list of things you want to do before you die. Can be deadly serious or a complete pee-take!

I was going to say the same thing

Sod my pills, I'd invest in a once in a lifetime bottle of malt and find a comfortable corner to toast the turkey's demise and all the rest of us too. Slainte (Scots Gaelic, can also be directly translated in the Irish :) )

BRING IT ON! :-)

Now we should start a bucket list..... Five items or more??

I'll be there - Sheila - sounds like a party round at yours if that's ok?

1806 The Prophet Hen of Leeds

In Leeds, England in 1806 a hen began laying eggs on which the phrase "Christ is coming" was written. Eventually it was discovered to be a hoax. The hoaxster had written on the eggs in a corrosive ink so as to etch the eggs, and reinserted the eggs back into the hen.

Not a lot to do in Leeds then at the beginning of the 1800s ?

Don't think I'll hang around to see if the last three are right, nor anybody else I think!

Hahaha!!

Superbe Celeste

I was just thinking thank god no more Emmerdale Corrie or East enders but i still feel sorry for the turkey it will still be the end of the world for it come December

Suppose forewarned is fore-armed…it means I’ll need to read up beforehand what’s gonna happen in Coronation Stree that week!

The end of the world.... or a new beginning? :-)