2012 End of the World and All That

So I won't even start with my antique Mayan carpet then........

Haha love it Ben.

They’re very scientifically calculated carpets I’ll have you know and smoked with precision.

And given that those in the know have determined the end of the world by the length of the carpet they' ve been smoking for some months now........

;-D - no problem I'll pay in advance by cheque

Get your reservations in now at Le Fáilte Towers in Lagrasse. Payment in advance please.

Hang on I reckon we could start something here. End of Bugarach predicted for 20th December 2012.

Oh yeah, you're right...doh

I don't think the prophets have considered that evetuality yet.

That was the date for everywhere exept for Bugarach! I'd like to know the date of my demise. Must Google it.

21st December 2012 - so you can spend your mortgage money on a big SFN bash. I was hoping it was going to be after christmas but no luck.

As I am only a few kms from Bugarach, would someone please let me know the precise date for hereabouts? I mean, a gel has to organise a few essentials pre-demise, such as a gallon or two of wine, book the last few Skype sessions etc.

I'm looking forward to it, I've got a hefty bet on, at very long odds, that the end of the world does happen.

That bookie will not know what's hit him.

Looking forward to looking up the results on the 22nd

If it's not in the Daily Torygraph, then we can all assume we are still alive. The Guardian might make a feature out of that could leave us feeling uncertain, after all it's a right wing thing ending the world!

Well save a copy for me for when I get there please

'Dr. John Lightfoot, (1602 - 1675), an Anglican clergyman, rabbinical scholar, and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cambridge had already arrived at an estimate of 4004-OCT-23 BCE, at 9 AM. (We assume that this was either Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) or Jerusalem time).'

I just looked for this to show the precision with which the beginning was timed. Although, and I could not find it, someone else proved it was the following Thursday at 2.30 PM. Well, if that is the case, then why shouldn't those in the know go for 21 December? Eh, gimme a good answer.

Personally, I think I'll wait for the online newspapers on 22 December to see whether or not we are all here, be that to the precise minute or otherwise.