6 N 2021. 7 weeks of Rugby

So much sharper and fitter looking, Wales well done them! England were all over the place to start with but sharpened up, Itoje should have had a yellow card.

I am not sure I agree that the 1st Wales try was fair to England, but it was opportunistic.

Yes, debatable wasn’t it from where we were sitting - still I suppose they had a better sense of what is what on site.

England’s lack of discipline in the 2nd half was shocking. Giving penalties away left, right and centre when the opponent has a slim lead is a huge no-no. I was not overall convinced by the England squad this match, and the result although close at one point, is pretty much a reflection of their shoddy discipline and seeming inability to build anything useful in counter-attack.

Quite - they are averaging 13 or 14 penalties a match, far more than any other team I think.

Yes, there are just occasional glimpses of form but overall they look stale and slipshod. And as you say shocking lack of discipline.

Extremely suspicious that so many players were affected at the same time.
I heard Matt Dawson saying that there should be some investigation and punishment if the French had been found to have been breaking the social distancing rules.

Yes they should - they are all about 12 and I expect it got too much for them, explains but doesn’t excuse. They are jolly lucky not to get what France got vs Fiji ie an automatic win for Scotland, it’s only because the 6 nations rules aren’t like the WC’s.

1 Like

Watching that England game was a painful . Allez les bleus :fr:

1 Like

Luckily OH is Irish…

OMG France Wales - what a crazy match. Poor Wales but France played a blinder in the last 10 minutes.
VERY bad Willemse :pensive:.

2 Likes

Great game, exciting last 10 mins and well played france - thought they’d blown it when they went down to 14. Another 5 mins and they would have been playing 7’s. The ref should have been the man of the match

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the game last night, and don’t even mind the result as long as France don’t score 6 tries against Scotland on Friday :wink:

Thought Luke Pearce was an awful ref though.

A fantastic tournament this year - with Wales being crowned the rightful Champions!

1 Like

Yes, well done Wales (said through gritted teeth). France should have narrowly won last night, but gave the game away. Great, close competition this year, hopefully the crowds will be back for next year. Paris is calling :fr: :guernsey:(can’t find the english flag)

1 Like

Scotland whahay ! Total lack of lucidity by France after time had run out, they had possession and failed to kick the ball into touch.

1 Like

England 5th!

Oh that game was wonderful, so exciting right up to the last second! I love that sort of match :heart:

1 Like

France could have so easily won, but decided to go for another play when the time was done. Could have easily put the ball out and won the game - strange decision…

Yes very odd - but it was presumably an impulse and they went with it. Scotland has made similar decisions and then regretted them, it was just that sort of match :heart_eyes: