6 N’s 2024

Just seen this… Chapeau

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1753545098439151732?t=dWD-wqOO5nMfdAi7GwVtqQ&s=19

2 Likes

That’s a really nice present for his little brother! Reminds me of Sonny B Williams giving his World Cup winners medal to a young lad fan in the crowd. Those young lads will treasure it forever and have a story to tell… Think something like this happened with Nigel Owens, and the young lad that threw the ball back on field and hit him

1 Like

What a twat that Willemse. Pfffffff. They were lucky get away with a 21 point differential really.

3 Likes

Exactement !
That’s why I wrote it’s more of a matter of coaching than perhaps the man himself, after all he’s a professional rugby player and does what he’s coached to do. Haven’t seen the penalty count for the game but France has, from watching the game won that one.
For anyone interested in rugby rules and why he got the carton rouge.

Law 9.11 dictates “Players must not do anything that is reckless or dangerous to others, including leading with the elbow or forearm, or jumping into, or over, a tackler” and Law 9.13 goes on to say “A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously. Dangerous tackling includes, but is not limited to, tackling or attempting to tackle an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders.”

If a player breaks these laws and the act is deemed to be reckless or dangerous, then the referee is entitled to issue a yellow or red card.

1 Like

I need to watch the footage again tomorrow but when watching it live I didn’t think the 2nd tackle was necessarily worse than the 1st. I thought either one, on its own, would’ve just resulted in a yellow card but it was the fact he’d already been in the sin bin not long before that led to the 2nd card being red.

2 yellows = red.
Best to review in real time, then slow motion, then real time again. Ref’s spot on in this occasion.
French press will be interesting tomorrow, not a lot of positives for les bleus, but early days… Certainly not a team to write off, next week at Murrayfield, should be a great game!

Ah, I didn’t realise he gave a second yellow, I just saw the red and assumed he’d given it directly not as a culmination of yellows… Thanks, Wozza.

In my defence I was already on to my 3rd or 4th Jack Daniels by that point :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow, from 0 - 27 at halftime to 26 - 27 at full time… That’s what I call a comeback!

Gatland must have given the Wales players such a bollocking in the dressing room :rofl:

3 Likes

Nah, team to young for a bollocking, needed inspiration and be told forget the game plan and play what’s in front of them , and go for it, play to their strengths. -27 nothing to lose, play with Welsh pride and passion get the crowd behind and see what happens, no Welsh man / woman will give the players a hard time after if they lose fighting. :wales: woke up after the 45 minute mark, and I was gunning for the boys. Scotland had a hard time in the 2nd half countering them which didn’t help the Scotland penalty count + the yellows when leading the team was atrocious.

I didn’t realise that Raphael Ibanez left the équipe de France team prior to the 6 Nations 2024. Maybe there’s a morale issue.

If there wasn’t, there is now.

1 Like

Le coq blessé

Scotland next week at Murrayfield… Should be good, both teams have something to prove.

1 Like

:wales: week for :england:
Our U 20 had a good win let’s see what happens tomorrow :rugby_football::rugby_football:

The U20s are looking good, just hope not all of them come to France!

Got a badly timed Poker game this evening…might have to sit out the first few hands

I’d definitely sit out the first few hands. I reckon it’s going to be a good game, full of Welsh pride, passion and English dogidnish.
Nice early kick off for the :scotland: v 🇫🇷 game again should be a cracker. :rugby_football::rugby_football::rugby_football:

1 Like

I’m watching the game on BBC and have been massively impressed by Benjamin Kayser’s English… Not heard him speak in English before. It’s flawless. Just the slightest hint of a French accent but if I didn’t already know he’s French I would never have guessed.

He played in England for Leicester Tigers :wink:

Good to see Princess Anne having a shot chat with all the players

1 Like

He was only there a couple of seasons though, right? And he’s not got a Midlands accent (luckily!) :laughing: