A debate for those of us at a certain age

Intriguing Brian.

I seem to remember the Bowie album Ziggy Stardust is supposed to contain subliminal messages, or was it Imagine by Lennon ?

I am sure it is all in the ear (or the pharmacological state) of the beholder.

Mind you, the “Backwards” episode of Red Dwarf does include an extensive rant by Arthur Smith directed at anyone sad enough to reverse the footage to work out what people were saying.

I think the same was said of one of Judas Priest’s albums in the US

That so takes me right back to my teenage days, listening to Meddle on my boyfriend’s little Dansette in a suitcase record player. Oh simple, happy times!

No, the Woodstock triple album was much better for that!

1 Like

Nick Mason on Sky Arts, A saucer full of secrets.

I like AHM but never saw it performed live, there’s a few old videos on YouTube but quality isn’t great.

They were still at London bridge then from memory. It was Laskys in Tottenham Court Road doing big business, My brother worked at that branch. Couldnt quite believe how good the Nad gear was/is.

Is that the Wall? If so saw it twice or was that just an effect of the atmosphere?
Used to go to the evening laser shows at the planetarium which featured fantastic music and laying on the floor.

Atom Hart Mother

I went to a couple of Planetarium shows with PF, probably DSOTM soundtrack, lying back in aircraft style reclining seats saying"Far out man "quite a few too many times probably :relaxed:

I saw Pink Floyd at Knebworth in 1975 on their Wish You Were Here tour, absolutely brilliant and the added bonus of Monty Python as a gap filler.

1 Like

Could well have been Laskys. The 3020 only had twenty watts but it had a separate (though internal) pre amp that was particularly good.

1 Like

And another added bonus of Echoes as an encore🙂

1 Like

Omigod I was there. Could hardly hear or see anything though

It was a fairly weak supporting cast IMO, Captain Beefheart was OK in his weird sort of a way, Roy Harper had a great band behind him but I got the impression that he really didn’t want to be there. Not a lot of atmosphere until that spitfire flypast

Nothing special to add here other than a Company I used to work for printed loads of stuff for Laskys.

1 Like

What were you smoking :crazy_face:

As they say, if you can remember the seventies, you weren’t there :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

1 Like

Is it heretical to say neither?

My musical tastes were more American at the time - Byrds, Creedance Clearwaterplus Clapton, Moody Blues … but I was (and perhaps still am) a bit behind the times.

Not American Graham.

1 Like