A Forum NBBM might be interesting

I was only asking , I was just interested to know not saying I would use it

As Iā€™ve said many times @Geof_Cox all too often you find that amongst the stuff you donā€™t want to read thereā€™s stuff you do! Itā€™s often difficult when youā€™re in a thread with 200 comments to get the bits you want without having to at least scan all the comments in order, I find anyway, so getting to that great apple pie recipe in the middle of a thread about how there are no apple pickers anymore invariably means wading through the comments about why there arenā€™t apple pickers, including the random borderline racist rant some anonymous poster went on about how workshy Eastern Europeans are and that itā€™s good they no longer pick apples. This is a fictional example obviously, there is no apple picker threads to my knowledge, but I think it illustrates what Iā€™m saying, you either have to avoid entire threads and miss good conversation, or at least scan them and end up reading things you donā€™t really want to read.

3 Likes

Sorry for being so blunt, but youā€™re welcome to leave and not come back if youā€™re offended. Iā€™m sure there are other places online for you to go.
Also, fucking is a seven letter word.

2 Likes

Exactly the same here.

4 Likes

Yes, of course thereā€™s an element of scanning sometimes before you realise a comment is not interesting - but thatā€™s life, isnā€™t it? - it happens whenever you get into conversation with strangers.

Wtf would adults need to be warned? Itā€™s not exactly images of babies being disembowelled and chucked into mass graves?

6 Likes

Survive France really would have taken a quite unexpected direction change if that was to ever appear :see_no_evil::rofl:

3 Likes

FFS I asked a question because I know that some places you can do that I didnā€™t say I would use it or wanted it

Surely you appreciate the subtlety, Mr. Cox!

Goodness, another thread full of unpleasantness. My list of threads to ignore is growing.

2 Likes

Yes, why not a head in the sand month too :roll_eyes:. I note 13 likes so far for Andrewā€™s post :joy: if only Ian Hislop had the balls to do it.

3 Likes

What, like boring ā€œpratsā€ ??? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So, Mr. Scullywag, abuse of those who cant respond is the norm? If so, how sad.

Yes, unfortunate, isnā€™t it. But I guess thatā€™s what happens when people try to shutdown other peopleā€™s views. If people are unhappy with political threads that call out the corruption in the UK then IMHO they should just ignore them. If anybody here wants to start a thread or threads lionising the behaviour of Johnson and his team then I promise not to contribute to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What are you on about?

2 Likes

Do I have your permission to just link to this comment under the Mona Lisa thread? :rofl:

Mr. Scullywag, surely a forum about France is not appropriate for such views, better the canary or similar.
Noone is taking position about Johnson or anything else"

I think thereā€™s several issues at play here

Firstly, English (not British) football fans have a longstanding dreadful reputation in Europe. Lots of mention in the UK press about Hillsborough, but I havenā€™t seen any mention of Heysel, where thirty-nine were killed at another European Cup Final that involved Liverpool, and British clubs were subsequently banned from European competition for five years. Consequently itā€™s not unreasonable to assume the police had certain expectations

Teargas is used virtually every weekend in Paris, itā€™s the norm in dealing with violent demonstrations and itā€™s a bit naĆÆve of Scousers to assume that French police are like jolly English bobbies.

Re the forged tickets, as far as I understand Liverpool wanted downloadable tickets that could be printed and that unlike those for the previous three CL finals these couldnā€™t therefore have authenticating holograms and were open to being easily forged.

Lastly, there wasnā€™t a similar problem with the Spanish fans who were bussed to the ground on official coaches rather than making their own way there.

But, in the interest of balance, I must admit to being from Manchester!

5 Likes

What I donā€™t understand is that we have categories. @Stella has a lovely thread with only good news. There are many other categories that provide valuable advice and information on myriad topics. Acknowledged as a great resource. There is also a politics topic. If one likes politics then bale in, if one doesnā€™t donā€™t try and encumber or censor those that do. The reason I popped on here was the arrogance of suggesting that certain fair comment should be ā€œbannedā€. If Randomadness (who hasnā€™t even the courage to give his real name) doesnā€™t like political comments, then he should ignore them.

4 Likes

Look mate, itā€™s not up to you to determine what is and what is not appropriate here, thatā€™s up to our hosts.

8 Likes