A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

A young very new policeman was keen to get onto squad cars and use his ‘blues and twos’ to great effect. But he had to go through several stages of training before he got the go ahead for that.
Then the great day arrived and he had the keys to a beautiful jam sandwich, he raced to the car and put it through all the tests that he had been taught, lights, siren etc.

Then he put it into gear and floored the pedal…and crammed it straight into the telegraph pole behind him. :astonished:

Of course he had to undergo all the training again but was confused as to his new nickname ‘Dracula’.
He asked a mate who then explained.
'Only Dracula can look in a mirror, and see nothing. ’ :rofl:

Credit to Alfie Moore, ‘A Fair Cop’. BBC Radio 4

2 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

Surely this can’t be serious? Do people drink coffee like this?

“Create cosy moments in the comfort of your home”

surely not!

1 Like

‘Cup’ cakes.

Then these are cakes - not coffee?

AFAICT yes - you can even see the cake scooped out of the one on the right in the spoon.

The funny thing is that I don’t think whoever selected the image to use here realised those aren’t drinks! We have given kits for making cakes baked in a cup as stocking-filler type gifts in the past, and might even have one in our pantry still.

1 Like

Mug cakes.
They’re a thing.
Satisfy sweet cravings with 1-2 minutes in a microwave and…voilà.

The classic recipe book has about 40 of them and is by Mima Sinclair.

I have it somewhere in hard copy but also on Kindle. Never used it, too much sugar in the recipes and happy to transfer you the Kindle edition if there’s a way.

2 Likes

Yes indeed cup/mug cakes. I tried them once … (never again…) :smiley:

1 Like

This sort of thing…

1 Like

I’ve got one hell of a sweet tooth, and they look great! Just been out for a bike ride and could kill one of those right now :partying_face:

6 Likes

I can’t reproduce the cartoon, but one in The Oldie today had me laughing out loud, and then all over again when I had another look.

2 rough sleepers are preparing for the night on the pavement. One is lying in a cardboard box which is complete with an open end with flap lifted up as he rests on his elbow watching with curious amusement his companion. This man is struggling to get his box into shape and obviously without much success judging by the mess he is making of it and his frustrated expression.

On the side of his box is the word - IKEA. :rofl:

6 Likes

For what it’s worth - expressing laughter online around the world in 26 languages. Only this map is applicable in this thread…oh, and possibly the one about frogs!

Love the Russian one, NON. just as if they are so humourless that they won’t even express it in their own language. :rofl:

I am sure it’s not true though. :wink: :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m reasonably sure it’s LOL in Cyrillic, but your sentiments may not be too far away from the truth. :smile:

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

I suspect this may not find a home here for most, but it was funny to me. :wink:

2 Likes