A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

Passed to me in the staffroom today :rofl:

7 Likes

I have been using it in class for years, I love it

2 Likes

I can imagine!!! Not sure most of my classes would get it, even with pre work on both the finer points of pronunciation and the verbs to think and to sink beforehand :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :rofl: Some will though, I might start doing a little funny like that for the ones that aren’t between A0 and A1. I don’t suppose you have a handy list? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m struggling big time. Will PM you when I have a minute!!!

1 Like

4 Likes

I keep telling my students not to drop their h’s!! :rofl:

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/Y-GwaIYuAwc

I’ve just been sat trying it and it works :rofl:

3 Likes

Interesting. Not the intenatation I ´d use when speaking German, looks like à ober piss take to me.

2 Likes

It is - this was shown to me by a German colleague as part of a humorous discussion about language and accents.

7 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Seems topical. :wink:

4 Likes

I went for a couple of pints in my local last night. The landlord couldn’t afford to put the lights on. I thought I have finally arrived at the unlit suplands.

What’s the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi? The people in Dubai don’t like the Flintstones, but the people in Abu Dhabi do.

2 Likes

Topical world humour from today’s New Yorker

And another for SF

1 Like

The ducks work for me - couldn’t give a wet slap about football. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes