A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

Chinese astronauts have landed back on Earth after six months. Not sure what they brought with them.

Also take a look at the reviews for this remarkable device…

2 Likes

Not humorous - far from it - sorry!

“Inspired by the ‘fallstreak cloud’ phenomena where holes are formed in clouds when water temperature is below freezing but has not frozen due to lack of ice nucleation particles. Dr Zarkov developed a device that fires nucleation particles into the cloud where they cause a portion of the water to freeze, which triggers a domino effect (the Von-Sydow process) causing water vapor around it to also freeze then fall to earth. The result is a large circular hole in the cloud that lasts up to an hour or more before requiring another blast from the gun.”

If it’s anything like cloud seeding then it’s potentially very harmful. From the Guardian 30/08/01

On August 15, 1952, one of the worst flash floods ever to have occurred in Britain swept through the Devon village of Lynmouth. Thirty five people died as a torrent of 90m tons of water and thousands of tons of rock poured off saturated Exmoor and into the village destroying homes, bridges, shops and hotels.

The disaster was officially termed “the hand of God” but new evidence from previously classified government files suggests that a team of international scientists working with the RAF was experimenting with artificial rainmaking in southern Britain in the same week and could possibly be implicated.

Oh Sue, you took this so seriously. It’s actually a joke !
The FLO packaging of telecopes etc includes a message “Warning : may contain clouds”.
A familiar complaint among astrophotographers is that the more stuff astrophotographers buy, the thicker the clouds become.

An example comment…
The problem with this bit of kit is that it is just too powerful. I used it over Cornwall for about a week on and off and after about 3 months, we had half a day of sunshine and clear blue skies! On a recent holiday to the Bishops Ring Nebula, I only had to use it once and quite a lot of sky was visible and I could look back and see the rings around Skegness quite clearly.

1 Like

Dr Zarkov (played by Topol) was the mad scientist and Max Von Sydow played Ming the merciless in Flash Gordon for the 80s remake.

1 Like

That’s really good. I got the reference straight away from the picture and the name. I wonder if there are any other spoof items dispersed amongst all the real stuff on the site ?

2 Likes

I don’t know, but it’s good fun. A bit of an ‘in’ joke I guess.

8 Likes

10 Likes

I asked this girl at work why she’s still dating a scruffy homeless bloke who thinks he’s Elvis…

She replied, "I’m courting a tramp, I can’t walk out!!..”

3 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

He should be alwhite drinking that. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

He might have gone off like a rocket :rocket:

3 Likes

Must have had a blonde moment

3 Likes

3 Likes

Stolen from a friend’s FB page:

A little girl was leaning into a lion’s cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, all under the eyes of her screaming parents.

A biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A reporter has watched the whole event.

The reporter, addressing the Harley rider says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I’ve seen a man do in my whole life.”

The Harley rider replies, "Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.”

The reporter says, "Well, I’ll make sure this won’t go unnoticed. I’m a journalist, you know, and tomorrow’s paper will have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?”

The biker replies "I’m a British Army veteran, a Conservative and I voted for Brexit”. The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page: UK VETERAN ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH.

And THAT pretty much sums up the media’s approach to the news these days.

7 Likes

So, what model Harley?
:motorcycle::white_heart:

1 Like

6 Likes