A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

A better example of ‘run it by’:

Eleonora Pucci at work last week in the Galleria dell’Accademia in Florence, Italy.
Credit…Chiara Negrello for The New York Times

How does she possibly keep her mind on the job. :astonished: :rofl:

As to the statue, I remember well the day it was done and I can tell you it was a very cold day. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

If these aren’t examples of irreverence, I don’t know what are. Bad language and violence. Catherine Tate as Nan…

Wondered if I should post this, but why not! I think I’ve become a fan…

1 Like

As I has laughing out loud at this outrageous video, La Poste rang at the gate to deliver an enormous box from Clarins. I ordered back up supplies at Black Friday 30% off.

Groupon groupie much?!?

:shopping:

:fire_extinguisher::face_in_clouds:

:parrot:

1 Like

That’s the word I was looking for…!

1 Like

Now where have we heard that before? :thinking: Something to do with cheese maybe. :rofl:

2 Likes

As @Geof_Cox said elsewhere with his usual wisdom

“Note to self: never introduce the subject of cheese into somebody else’s thread.”

[Link not provided to discourage readers jumping back to cheese]

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::cheese::plate_with_cutlery:

1 Like

3 Likes

I need to be clued up here – what’s the fromage connection? :man_detective:

Someone mentioned the word “outrageous” (was it in a video clip?) and @David_Spardo recalled one of Liz Truss’s finest moments, on the topic of cheese imports.

A thread that started as emigrate to France rather quickly morphed into food, and particularly cheese :heart_eyes:

Completely over my head! :crazy_face:

Ha! Ha! That Truss and cheesegate thread, now consigned to the archives no doubt, is full of wonderful outraged humour. I hope that in a few years time we can look back and smile.

And talking about cheese…

3 Likes

double post :astonished:

And now they’ve changed places. :roll_eyes:

Funny how many of our threads here morph into food… :slight_smile:

Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me, again, asking why I didn’t do something useful with my time,
“like sitting around in the Garden bar and drinking John Smiths isn’t a good thing.”
She is “only thinking of me,” she said, and suggested I go down to the old folks Centre and hang out with the fellas. I sent her an e-mail telling her I had and that I had joined the Senior Parachute Club. She replied, "Are you nuts? You’re 72 years-old and now you’re going to start jumping out of airplanes? I told her that I even had a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy to her. Immediately, she telephoned me and yelled, “Good grief, Dad, where are your glasses?! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club.” “Oh man, am I in trouble,” I said, “I signed up for five jumps a week!” The line went dead. Life as a Senior Citizen isn’t getting any easier, but sometimes it can be fun to wind the kids up.

12 Likes

Should’ve gone to Specsavers…!

2 Likes

A man took hi blonde girlfriend to her first American football game. They had great seats right behind their team’s bench.

After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience. “Oh, I really liked it,” she replied, “especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn’t understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents.”

Dumbfounded, her date asked, “What do you mean?”

“Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it, and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was, ‘Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!’ I’m like, hello? It’s only 25 cents!”

8 Likes