A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

Reminds me of a certain aide de toilette I know, though since I took the Cleese stance and refused to argue any more, things have been a bit more civilised. :rofl:

3 Likes

5 Likes

I urgently need to re-home a dog. Itā€™s a small terrier, tends to bark a lot at the slightest thing.
If youā€™re interested, let me know and Iā€™ll nip over next doorā€™s fence and get it for you.

14 Likes

3 Likes

8 Likes

This isnā€™t funny really (and Iā€™d have been livid if I was there) and yet it did make me laugh! :speak_no_evil:

8 Likes

Itā€™s dead funny

8 Likes

I laughed so much Iā€™m coffin and Iā€™ll be hearse later.

9 Likes

Spoiler alert that pic is old

1 Like

Youā€™re right of course, but no-one will thank you. :smile:

Its still dead funny :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

11 Likes

29512272_1710633125685335_7007101962152222141_n

9 Likes

10 Likes

An Australian Army Recruit sends home a letterā€¦

Dear Mum & Dad,

I am well. Hope youse are too. Tell me big brothers Doug and Phil that the Army is better than workinā€™ on the farm - tell them to get in quick smart before the jobs are all gone! I wuz a bit slow in settling down at first, because ya donā€™t hafta get outta bed until 6am. But I like sleeping in now, cuz all ya gotta do before brekky is make ya bed and shine ya boots and clean ya uniform. No cows to milk, no calves to feed, no feed to stack - nothinā€™!! Ya haz gotta shower though, but its not so bad, coz thereā€™s lotsa hot water and even a light to see what ya doing!

At brekky ya get cereal, fruit and eggs but thereā€™s no kangaroo steaks or possum stew like wot Mum makes. You donā€™t get fed again until noon and by that time all the city boys are dead because weā€™ve been on a ā€™route marchā€™ - geez its only just like walking to the windmill in the back paddock!!

This one will kill me brothers Doug and Phil with laughter. I keep getting medals for shootinā€™ - dunno why. The bullseye is as big as a possumā€™s bum and it donā€™t move and itā€™s not firing back at ya like the Johnsons did when our big scrubber bull got into their prize cows before the Ekka last year! All ya gotta do is make yourself comfortable and hit the target! You donā€™t even load your own cartridges, they comes in little boxes, and ya donā€™t have to steady yourself against the rollbar of the roo shooting truck when you reload!

Sometimes ya gotta wrestle with the city boys and I gotta be real careful coz they break easy - itā€™s not like fighting with Doug and Phil and Jack and Boori and Steve and Muzza all at once like we do at home after the muster.

Turns out Iā€™m not a bad boxer either and it looks like Iā€™m the best the platoonā€™s got, and Iā€™ve only been beaten by this one bloke from the Engineers - heā€™s 6 foot 5 and 15 stone and three pick handles across the shoulders and as ya know Iā€™m only 5 foot 7 and eight stone wringinā€™ wet, but I fought him till the other blokes carried me off to the boozer.

I canā€™t complain about the Army - tell the boys to get in quick before word gets around how good it is.
Your loving daughter,
Sheila

17 Likes

11 Likes

2 Likes

That is brilliant, I was only 2 paras in before I found myself reading it aloud in an Aussie accent. So glad I didnā€™t read the bottom before the top though. :rofl:

1 Like

It was Postman Patā€™s last day on the job after 35 years of carrying the mail through all kinds of weather to the same villages and towns in the UK.

When he arrived at the first house on his route, he was greeted by the whole family there, who all hugged and congratulated him and sent him on his way with a gift cheque for Ā£50.

At the second house, they presented him with an 18-carat gold watch.

The folks at the third house handed him a bottle of 15-year old Scotch whisky.

At the fourth house, he was met at the door by a stunning blonde in her lingerie.

She took him by the arm and led him up the stairs to the bedroom where she blew his mind with the most passionate love he had ever experienced.

When he had had enough they went downstairs, where the blonde fixed him a full breakfast: Bacon, Eggs, Sausage & Tomato with freshly-squeezed orange juice.

When he was truly satisfied, she poured him a cup of steaming coffee.

As she was pouring, he noticed a Ā£5 note sticking out from under the cupā€™s bottom edge.

ā€œAll this was just wonderful and Iā€™m truly grateful,ā€ he said, ā€œbut whatā€™s the five quid for?ā€

ā€œWell,ā€ said the stunning blonde, ā€œlast night, I told my husband that today would be your last day and that we should do something special for you.ā€

ā€œI asked him what to give you. 'He said, ā€˜F*ck him. Give him a fiverā€™.ā€

She smiled shyly and said, ā€œThe breakfast was my idea!ā€

6 Likes

Iā€™m writing a book about hurricanes and tornadoes.

Itā€™s just in draft right now.

3 Likes