A tender topic

Yes.
But I hope that history does not repeat itself.

Barbara, that seems to imply that people who don’t respond are hiding a drink problem, and that’s a bit premature, perhaps, as it is weekend, and the thread is only a few hours old :wink:. Some of us have to sleep off a stonking hangover :grin:

Seriously (?), I have drunk less since coming to France than previously, especially beer. I’ve had perhaps a dozen beers in a bar in three years of living here, and a 10 pack of supermarket bieres blondes 250 ml lasts me a month and often longer. I treat myself to a couple after a few hours in the garden, looking at my handiwork.

I don’t otherwise a drink alcohol at all during the hours of daylight, but have white or red wine with the evening meal, a glass is enough. Later in the evening I enjoy half a bottle of white wine which I take diluted with fresh orange juice (people will throw their hands up in horror and despair, but that’s how I like it).

About three days in ten I go without, as I find that daily drinking leaves me morose and sluggish in the morning. When I was in my 40s, especially in Africa, I was a heavy drinker, it went with the expatriate life-style.

We don’t mix at all with British people in our town, although my wife has found a friend in a local town and we visit occasionally for afternoon tea

1 Like

Go along with that Pete, ‘cept t’ orange int’ wine :open_mouth:
1700 on the dot, is bikkie o’clock for the dug, an’ beer o’clock for me :slightly_smiling_face:

Bit of shipside discipline, Bill? :poodle::joy:

1 Like

Yardarms and all that ‘stuff’ Pete :grin:

I know I now drink a lot. Everyday, then some days off. But I like it helps, I will drink after lunch, too much on my own, then after.I am honest. Dont attack me for it I defend myself.

Chris I certainly will not attack you because you are drinking. But I hope that we can find you other forms of friendship…other than the wine etc.
Have you got a dog or cat to keep you company?
There is no better friend to be found.
Get out to meet other people until you find good friends.
Not every one will be your friend but there are people out there who want company too.

1 Like

Bab, I will drink wine mainly white, red and only vodka and orange. Not beer. I will not have cats or dogs.
You admit what you drink, not forgetting all of it.

Oh do you not like animals or perhaps the responsibility?
I am lucky not to be interested in alcohol and drugs but I do sometimes have a
craving for special foods.

Why is it suggested you are a heavy drinker, when you say you hardly drink.Then you crave special food?

Good morning Barbara l have been following this thread with interest - and as usual you have provoked an interesting and lively debate. I have read your posts for many years on both this and other forums and remember your style being attacked previously by people who should know better - to my shame l was one of them. But after you explained that you were dyslexic l could see that your disorder influenced your style and to your credit and in spite of it you did and do continue to fully participate in these discussions - Bravo!

3 Likes

Chris Dan has explained a little;
There are people out their who get a kick out of hurting others.
I have no idea why.
Perhaps I am not interested in getting sozzled.

Being drunk takes you to another dimension I am happy to stay where
I am.

1 Like

Yes I was bullied.
And on here too by a top contributor who threatened me regarding something he was completely wrong about. and he really does not know why he did it…but, I believe that it made him feel important and powerful.
So he was the one who had the problem…not I.

We all have failings without being failures.

My “dyslexia” is about following sequences so it is not really dyslexia. I could never follow choreography, drive a car, type with in the normal manner, read maps and follow maps. My grammar would often look a little crazy.

So no one is perfect.
Nor do we need to be.

1 Like

Bullying and threatening? By a top contributor? That is wrong and unacceptable. Maybe strong differences of opinions, but not what you have experienced. Bullying can be subtle and sometimes misguided banter, but threats are completely wrong.

1 Like

yes but he no longer is part of SF…for whatever reason.

Perhaps he saw his threats did not stop you and he just left or was removed. Probably behaved like that to others.

No there was another reason.

When was this? What is the name? Or just give initials? Maybe I have seen his posts, there is one notably absent who I often thought had overstepped.

@barbara_deane1 @Chris_Franklyn

Barbara and Chris…

If you wish to discuss another Forum-Member or even an ex-Forum-Member… it might be better to do it via Private Message… just between the two of you.

cheers

3 Likes

It is ok I am not going to discuss it further Stella.
It is something you never forget!