A tender topic

Ye gods no, makes me and my 14 look like a bar fly… Oh yes a bar fly…my Navy days and the culture of it, drove me way past 14; in fact i dread to think how much :open_mouth:

Social upbringing brings to mind Cathy come home and life in the slums of Hackney
and surrounds.
Cathy Come Home an emotional book…a real book.
Oh gosh yes lots of memories of not being rich or even the thought of a higher education.
But my domestic science teacher said that I would/could become a cookery teacher.
In many ways she has got that right.
School starts as April begins and it is full for the entire month with groups who will stay for
6 nights?
So I have roamed off topic in my emotional, contrary manner and I am not in the slightest bit ashamed.
I study people actually.
Real people.

PS…I have never been a “drinker”

Just read my first few lines and would correct it, perhaps if I wished to.
But I do not wish to.

Depends how big the glasses are :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aqualungs & flippers … :wink:

1 Like

It’s a pity Ian Anderson can’t sing any more but…

1 Like

Did I like Jeffro Tull.
They got away with some odd lyrics and can not understand his diction.
Many of the songs written are a string of words.
Eg…I wanna be your man.
I want o hold your hand.

Isn’t that the Beatles?

1 Like

OK… that’s it… I’m off back to the school now… singing all the way…

1 Like

the first was the Stones and yes the second was the Beatles.
Just a few lines strung together but those words made millions.
Words and their formation…their etiquette are in the eys of the beholder.
Are they not:

It was the 20th anniversary of the day my dad died not so long back…My mom and I were reminiscing…(it’s been a long slow road for her…) The 50s/60s crossover/outbreak/changeover/mergence was indeed interesting…My mom and dad occasionally went ballroom dancing…at home chairs were cleared and we all joined in learning to waltz and then jive and rock and roll…I thought my mom looked amazing and beautiful in her homemade ball gown…:heart:

Reminiscing very recently we were singing Patsy Cline together …it warms my heart because she never envisioned that my dad would go first…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF0FS2-tJKo

2 Likes

Glen yes I write more or less as I think bringing honesty to these pagesJust picking through your comments,
But; perhaps to me writing without emotion is soulless, pointless. It could be that you are an editor of the mind or the ghost writer I secretly pray for? But life is too short to persue perfection or to become sad by those who are not interested to understand.

Many of the members on here have shared extracts of their sentimental side and have revealed

and shared many moments of private sadness, intimate moments which show their character.
This opens our eyes to their world and lets us in to discover .
Some of you question this because we are in a world with strangers.
And indeed we are.

1 Like

Tim good morning
wait until you have read what I have written please.
More songs perhaps?

IMO you (the royal you) should try and keep emotion out of what you write on certain subjects as emotion often cloud one’s judgement.

Another thing that would help is if people would just ‘let go’ when discussions reach a dead end rather than continue a pointless debate (think the endless threads on UK reg or RHD vehicles).

1 Like

What do you mean by" the royal you" ?

Hi Barbara… “the royal you” means a group rather than just one person… so, although Timothy is replying to your post… it applies to everyone… not just you…

well, that is how I understand it… and how I would use the expression. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Well you"re one to talk Cole.

But he has decided that emotion should not be part of a conversation on here.

Need to explain that comment David.