Adverse weather conditions

Sunny in 47 (Lot & Garonne) with brumes matinales earlier - but Aquitaine Metéo predicts heavy rain for the Landes and Pyrénées Atlantiques for the next 72 hours...

Cloudy and the odd shower, but no wind to speak of here in The Alps, Morzine (74).

Think we are the right side of the Mont Blanc Range for now. Good luck down south.

Dry and ominous here in southern 40 (Landes)

Sunny but windy here in Manche 50.

....so wished everybody would put their area/commune/region number (in brackets) by their town/place when they are mentioning where they are in France....often have to go Google maps....as it's nice to know where people are....and by the way - the south of England is VERY wet....

Dry here in 31. Very windy yesterday then as soon as it stopped it rained!

Rain forecast tomorrow which is a real shame as we are suppose to be having a Bonfire Party!!

Here in Carcassonne, we had violent winds and rain yesterday but so far this morning we have got away with just light rain and cloud.

Hi

we are living in Montpellier. It did not stop raining and the wind is so strong... so scary. Yesterday was red alerte and today afternoon will be red too. This morning I had to go back home from the street because the rain was so heavy that I could not see anything. The kids are home too, school is closed. so lets hope its going to stop. mother in law coming from scotland today to visit:) what a shame , she was looking to have good weather.

Here in South Burgundy we had violent winds last night and rain and the electricity kept going on and off.

I had gone to bed and Jim disconnected the phone without letting me know, so when I woke up in the middle of the night, my internet radio was not working and I thought we had lost the phone line or there was a problem with the radio's software (as has happened before).He had been picking up the lightening on his computer and it was not far from us, but I wasn't to know that when I was asleep!

If it makes you all feel any better - its 'precipitating' down in Southern UK as well :-)

A wet night but now dry with some sun. Much better than expected here in the Allier near Moulins.

Children having fun.

http://video.staged.com/christopher/trebuchet_attack

Taken in Bidache February 2009

Sunny in Montreuil. Cool. Nice breeze. Feels like fall.

We had very heavy rainfall here in Brittany yesterday, along with some thunder and lightning. Disconnected the phone just to be safe and in between the showers I checked the gutters and did the French neighbours, as she lives in Paris and comes down only a few times a year.

It looks like you guys down south will get the brunt of it.

today fine in the 81 but it's coming - last night the storm blew in within 10 minutes... we were in the car about 1/2 km from home but had to stop - couldn't see - it was like sitting under a waterfall! vigilance!

Rain in Aude:

A few days ago we had a swimming pool in front of our door. I've put some valuable things higher, but luckily the water didn't came in (my downstairsfloor is just some cm's higher then outside). My dog - 9 months old - got bored and was hayppy to run again after the rainy days. My son - 6 years - hopes however that there will be enough rain so he doesn't have to go to school because there will be no schoolbus. And yes, he does like school, but anyway.

Still have to buy new candles, there are not much left. Thanks for the reminder!

Meteo France 'at risk areas map' http://france.meteofrance.com/vigilance/Accueil

I've cleared the drains and gutters, got wood in, torches and candles to hand. I'm going to clear anything valuable from the floor of my workshop as it's prone to flooding. I hope I'm overreacting!

actually haven't escaped completely, another wave of storms coming up from the med for this afternoon and evening and set to stay for a while. There goes our cyclo club training run tomorrow afternoon, still we'll all be in better shape for the AGM and diner dance...!

well it's autumn so that means the usual épisodes cévenols, it'll all calm down once the temperature of the med drops enough. We've got off extremely lightly so far in the west of the aveyron while the south of the département hasn't - they've caught the worst of both systems; from the med up over the larzac and your atlantic system james that finally hit the aveyron last night but as ever there wasn't a lot left by the time it got to us ;-) We've had the autan blowing really strongly for a few days but it's rare that it manages to bring the rain this far. We're in the little sunny pocket they showed last night on the weather between the two systems; mediteranean and atlantic - often the case here