Age is only a number - (or is it?) Ongoing

I wasn’t any good at heights when I was 13. I’ve not improved.

Ageing is about being content, isn’t it, and appreciating what you can do and what you have?

1 Like

Yes Porridge very comforting thought.
As long as you can be very contented.

1 Like
2 Likes

He’s going to boldly go… and good luck to him… I love Star Trek…

4 Likes
1 Like

Rumour has it the 90 years old starship captain was quite scared, someone in launch control told him he’ll be ok just Klingon!

3 Likes

She is 87.

3 Likes

I would also be scared, but that would not stop me from saying yes :rocket:

True, but I think it’s a choice (or an exercise of the will).

I could wish I had that [car/house/income/ability/freedom from illness] or I could choose to be content with my lot.

And I’ll be content with my Aveyron…

Hur hur hur

I’m Tarn which I prefer, I suppose one just has to Garonne with it and settle down somewhere , whatever you Doubs there’s always a Lozère. Do you like the mountains Aude you prefer the coast, I prefer if it’s not too Var to the sea myself. Charente make any more terrible jeux de mots :grin:

11 Likes

I have not visited SF recently.

Not sure if I will make comments again.

702B5AA23D144060A834C76160FBAE22.png

This a 9 year old in Holland – still my favourite child singer.

What a pity they have to grow up!

And while we’re at it, it’s never too old at 35 with kids, family and job. Sam Bailey sings with passion at first audition, then again in the second.

I like to see her sing as she appears, as herself. But not so keen on later auditions where they sophisticate her with makeup, hairdo, and clothing, although I’m sure she loved that side of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrqQEeKh-LA

2 Likes

From Manjit Kumar’s 2008 book, Quantum:

“After Elsa’s death, Einstein established a routine that as the years passed varied less and less. Breakfast between 9 and 10 was followed by a walk to the institute. After working until 1pm he would return home for lunch and a nap. Afterwards he would work in his study until dinner between 6.30 and 7pm. If not entertaining guests, he would return to work until he went to bed between 11 and 12. He rarely went to the theatre or to a concert, hardly ever watched a film. He was, Einstein said in 1936, ‘living in the kind of solitude that is painful in one’s youth but in one’s more mature years is delicious’.” He died aged 76; at the end he refused surgery saying; “I have done my share – it is time to go – and I will do it elegantly”.

1 Like

Except that 76 feels so young. I have friends (I had uncles) well into their 80s, still full of life. There is no reason why these days if we continue to exercise, eat a largely plant based diet and keep our weight down, have a fulfilling life where we feel valued that we shouldn’t continue for much longer, keeping many of the so-called illnesses of old age at bay.
I was watching Mary Berry (now 86) last night - so full of life. Why? Because she is still learning and imparting her knowledge and feels valued.

4 Likes

As we age our immune systems wane so increasing good foods and reducing the bad is as important as regular exercise.
Also removing industrial foods from your diet will allow your body to work better, that means inflamatory foods like margarine and seed/vegetable oils which have to be made stable by altering them which in turn harmes us as they are very high in omega 6
And worse.
Daily Express: 'Huge breakthrough’: The everyday food item potentially causing 90% of cancer cases.