Alfie Evans

You might like to look at Matthew 7.
I am not an advocate of following the Bible slavishly, but this is just a piece of good advice.

You Just Can n’t Let It GO 'ARRY CAN YOU.
I am finished 'ere 'arry :slightly_smiling_face:

cant have your cake and eat it. and please do stop altering my name it is not like ive asked you before. I see you just cannot help yourself.

I do not need to look I know the words of fiction very well.

Again bring it back to alfie who is actually a real being not made up

To be fair Bill, Harry has asked this before. It’s not as if typing 'Arry is actually less work then typing Harry.

1 Like

Your particularly offensive post offended some non Christians as well.

1 Like

Alfie grew his wings at 2.30 am this morning…posted by his mum and dad just under an hour ago…:heart:

1 Like

Just thought it was, sort of, ‘chummy’ P’, and he is a bit of a ‘Wag’.
Anyway, 'arry will be delighted to know, I, will not be responding to anything he posts in the future :wink:

Poor little Fella, at least He is not suffering :heart:

possibly yes, there are a few delicate souls out there.

Such a sad time for them, I hope they find peace now in the comfort of their family and that the media give them time to grieve as being thrown so far into the spotlight does tend to invoke further media interest until something more juicy comes along.

So much back tracking I think they must have known he was going to pass away soon.

I just can not imagine the depth of their pain.
No the media have no mercy.

1 Like

Pot? Kettle?

im sorry david what has pot and kettle got to do with this thread? My post has been hidden and ive flagged it for deletion because its off topic, so kindly drop it and keep the thread on topic. you cant go on about posts then doing the same yourself.

This thread is and should be kept as others have said about Alfie. Yes I included a reply to you in my previous reply but also mainly used it for Alfie, have some respect a well and do the same. Thanks

This is not intended as a criticism of Alfie’s parents (as they were only doing what they thought was the right thing) but they did use the power of the media to garner support for their cause and it was only recently that they came to realise that the campaign had affected the staff and other patients at the hospital. They are both young and I’m sure that over time they will reflect (possibly with some regret) on the way the whole sad episode was handled.

As others have already said I hope Alfie’s parents are now given (and allow themselves) the space to grieve privately.

2 Likes

Before my mother died I’d always seen life as something to cling on at all costs. After seeing her suffer through her terminal illness and the treatment that she was given to fight it I was relieved, for her, when she at last passed away. I know that my father shared my feelings. After that experience my philosophy of life changed enormously.
The Alfie story is sad and made great newspaper headlines but when I read that he had died I was relieved for him too. I hope his parents come to terms with their loss quickly. They have gone through a terrible experience but their lives need to carry on.

2 Likes

Similar experiences David… as time went by, I was caught between momentary longing for my folk to be at peace… then swiftly feeling deep guilt for even thinking such a thing…day after day…month after month… ghastly.

Thankfully, with my family, there was never a question of what should or should not be done… so I was not asked to make a choice…

Alfie is at peace and his parents will, hopefully, find some comfort in that…eventually… although it will surely be a difficult time for them both in the meantime.

yes the power of social media these days is very strong. and looking back on previous things that went viral through social media it won’t die down any time soon with re shares and there will be many negative people who focus on the negative side of all they did when it should always have been about alfie. grief and stress can be very powerful and it seems some radical christian group played on that with this family.

I just hope they can keep control now and get some semblance of a life back and move forward. it is not going to be an easy road.

1 Like

Harry has asked you previously to stop referring to him in this way, it’s a little inflammatory and it’s not going to progress the conversation in any helpful way Bill. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have resolved the prob’ James :slightly_smiling_face:

Excellent, glad to hear that!

Well he is a sponsor James, suppose that does make a difference :slightly_smiling_face: