Alive the kids in the Cave - Successful Rescue... but Sadly One Diver Dead

I read that they left their backpacks with food and torches etc and went into the cave system as a sort of initiation ceremony/rite of passage…go in…sign their names at the back of the cave and out again…but got cut off…So pleased they’ve been located…the way out sounds treacherous at the moment and having located them alive then the rescue teams are not gonna want to risk losing any of them now…Surrounding all involved with love and anticipating the best possible outcome…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deleted…wrong topic…!

Some notes on the hazards they might encounter on the way out in this BBC rubric

What isn’t clear is whether where they are currently located will remain safe if/when the monsoon rain kicks in again.

1 Like

At the risk of overload… I’m checking/posting everything I can about these kids… stuck down there… my heart goes out to them.

1 Like

The rescue mission to bring the boys out has started today…possibly the first group may be out by 2pm GMT… :heart:

3 Likes

English speaking Thai newspaper…

2 Likes

You can follow live here as well

1 Like

Fingers, and ‘everything’ crossed for the kids and the team :heart:

2 Likes

Hope the media ‘circus’ doesn’t get in the way/cause probs :thinking:

1 Like

The media were removed from around the site, probably to a distance away just in case

1 Like

Some of the kids are on their way to hospital (may have arrived there by now)… phew… yippee

Wonderful News… :hugs:

1 Like

Just been a news conference. Only 4 boys rescued. All OK. Operation has been halted and will restart in 10-20 hours.

Great… they are taking such care… slow and steady wins the race… (hopefully).

Who knows whether or not they will all come through this safely… but every boy out is one boy less left inside… :hugs::relaxed:

1 Like

I was wondering whether it was 4 or 6 boys rescued so far…??? Conflicting reports…Hoping the monsoon holds off…:heart:

From the good old BBC

I suspect the differing figures are because 2 divers are accompanying ?? possibly more… … thus 4 boys + 2 divers = 6 people coming out… yippee…

and let’s face it… every time the divers go into those tunnels, they put themselves in danger… so it’s good to see them coming safely to the surface too… so let’s not worry about the sums… :hugs:

let’s keep fingers crossed for a happy outcome…

They are coming out one at a time Stella. Two divers to each boy. One in front and one behind. Copied this from the BBC site.

Fascinating Mandy… .:hugs: