Alternative view of last night's Champions League match

It is not anger and bitterness, it is just that he has caused so much pain and suffering and not just only to me, without giving a damn for anyone else, that one takes a minor satisfaction that something will be getting to him.

Very sad way to look at life Jane, I take it you would be suicidal if Leeds won the CL knowing how much joy it would bring to him?

Hardly.

To get back on track (perhaps), as a life-long Southampton supporter, I have no love for Liverpool (took a number of Southampton players), Tottenham Hotspur (stole Southampton’s manager), Chelsea (went to Stamford Bridge once - very nasty experience in the days of hooliganism) nor Arsenal (this goes back to the fifties so I can’t even remember why!) but I am extremely excited that four clubs based in English cities will be contesting the finals of the two major European competitions.

1 Like

Its funny its called the Champions League not the top 5 League!! neither Liverpool or Tottenham are champions. I know its all about money now but Champions League should just be for all the European league winners, but well done to all 4 English clubs getting to the final, just a shame all the fans need to sell a kidney and travel 3 days to get to watch them.

I don’t think fans mind the cost, it’s the lack of available tickets that is the major issue, Chelsea and Arsenal will get just 6k each which is disgusting.

1 Like

When I found my half family I discovered one of my brothers to be a liar, cheat and a bully.
My niece said that she was proud of me as I was the only one ever to stand up to him.
Taking a little bit of satisfaction when his football team loses hardly seems on a par.

It’s the thought process Jane, if we all took glee in seeing others unhappiness (for whatever reason) the world would be a very sad place.

[quote=“Ian_Horswell, post:24, topic:25660, full:true”]
To get back on track (perhaps), as a life-long Southampton supporter,
Poor sod.

"Tottenham Hotspur (stole Southampton’s manager)"
Get used to it !!

It’s fantastic to see 4 English teams in the European cup finals. It just show how good English football is, it’s just a shame there will be so few English players playing.

Hoping for a Tottenham win, of course, and Chelsea to beat Arsenal.

1 Like

…is the right answer :soccer:

1 Like

Not the sort of sentiments I would have expected on SFN.

The world is.

Not sure of the spelling but “schadenfreude” sums it up.
(I know you said world not word).

1 Like

Spot the sense of humour…

Watching a bunch of overpaid pansies kicking a ball is hardly heart warming.

Thanks for that Tim, really positive addition to the discussion :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

You’re very welcome, is it a requirement to agree with You?

No, but I don’t have to like what you say either.

Unlucky , all entitled to an opinion, so live with it.