Ameli asking for proof of residence

We have received a letter asking us to prove our residency here by sending them a copy of our tax summary and a carte de sejour. Thanks to the local prefecture our cds have expired. Whilst the prefecture admitted they were wrong to refuse to renew the cartes we have a long wait for our 5 min appointment to start the renewal. Amelia are expecting the paperwork in one month! We’ve sent copies of the expired cartes with a note to say the renewal process in ongoing. In ten years this is the first time anyone has asked for the cds, which makes me wonder if Brexit is already starting to impact on our rights here in France.
As EU citizens we are entitled to health care the same as French nationals.
Has anyone else had these letters?

Proof of residence is normally simply a case of providing a utility bill.

Yes but this actually asks for cds. If you are a French national it asks for passport or identity card but not passport or utility bill for foreigners. A utility bill doesn’t prove residence only address though, David.

A copy of your passport then, as you have pointed out you’re an EU citizen.

I have noticed something, in your title you used the word residence, in your text you wrote residency, two different things.

Doesn’t a recent tax declaration confirm tax residency in France, including postal address?

The passport confirms the identity of the declarant. A “two-key” security check?

2 Likes

My husband got got a similar request his his account on Amelia and it just asked for a tax form ( there were a list of other things as well but none of those applied to us)

I agree with Peter.
We have a savings account with our French bank (LEP) which gives a higher rate of return on savings (1% as opposed to 0.75%) for non tax payers.
In order to keep the interest free from tax, we have to provide the bank annually with proof of our tax status and this is achieved by presenting our tax bill which they copy (and then stamp to prevent fraudulent re-use).
Might this be the same in respect of Amelia? Have you asked them what form of proof they require?

You’ll may well find they only have two categories in their tick lists - French or Foreign. The CdS they requested from us - I returned the other stuff they wanted and pointed out EU citizens don’t require a CDS - they never responded - but the process continued without one.

The checklist they sent with the initial request literally had French or Overseas - no mention of EU nationals. The CDS they want isn’t so much proof of address as proof you’re entitled to be here - or at least based on what I received that was my understanding

Hmm so I did. What they ask for is proof of regular and stable residency in France. Sorry for confusing things. Did you get the letter too? All cotisations are deducted at source by the company who pay my husband so we can easily prove we’re here but the letter is specifying what documents it wants to see.

I was replying to David re my wording :slightly_smiling_face:

If it’s proof of residency they require then that’s a copy of your EU passport. There is no requirement for European citizens to hold a CdS.

Bloody great. Another hoop to jump through thanks to the idiot Brexit voters.

1 Like

As David says… “Tax Return and current Passport”… … so worth checking the expiry date folks, I reckon… even if you have not received a letter from Ameli, doesn’t mean you won’t. :thinking:

Fair enough, doesn’t mean you will either… but best to be prepared… :relaxed:

For us EHIC expires in 2021 and Passport in 2023… phew… both OK…

ITYM March 2019

Nah… I have faith… :relaxed:

1 Like

How does Ameli know you are foreign, let alone English? Chatting to a young french man at a party at weekend, who has been out of France for a long while so is now going through same hoops as we did in signing up for PUMA.

So if they can select out the foreigners it mean as you go through the hoops they must enter you in their system as a non-national? Given that France is not supposed to discriminate, can they do that?

Jane…

It may be simply be that I am suffering from Friday Frailty… but I have lost my way with your Post… how can Ameli NOT know someone’s nationality ??? or at least, that someone on their books is NOT French… :thinking:

Social security number number 6 and 7 = department of birth, if it’s 99 you were not born in France, plus, regarding payrol, you have to enter in your data base the nationality of the employee. Those datas are transfered every month to french administration. If you’re a self employe, I suppose your nationality has been recorded somewhere with the creation of your business. I you are retired, of course you need an S1.

My sécu number ends in 99 but I was born French. I don’t think that can be the only criterion :wink: