Ameli asking for proof of residence

No Vero you misread Babeth’s post. It’s the 6th and 7th number. Both mine and my husbands 6th and 7th number is 99.

1 Like

Sorry yes, the numbers for the département, 99 for me as born abroad - not the last ones. Haven’t got my eyes opposite the holes, as we say. :grin:

2 Likes

There is a set of numbers that show which number of baby you were born in your commune that year. And thz first ones are male or female then a mishmash of birth date

Of course!!! I’m daft as a brush as I knew that… thanks all.

1 Like

I love that expression… “daft as a brush” … we use that a lot in our family… :wink::smile::smile::relaxed:

1 Like

First one 1=male 2=female
2nd an 3rd one = year of birth
4th and 5th one= month of birth
6th and 7th one=departement of birth
After I think but I’m not sure it’s a random number except the “key ones”, last two digits that are a combination of all the numbers (a kind of security check).
And Jane, I didn’t say that, I’m just trying to explain how our social security number is made of, and how everything is recorded, just for a matter of interest.

1 Like

The letter we received from l’assurance maladie (not Amelia :slightly_smiling_face: )was aimed at both French and foreign people. The documents requested were specific according to your nationality. They did not ask for passports of non French people. My concern is that they require a cds although it is still not easily available to EU citizens in our region.

About what they are saying on this link bellow, you have to have a carte de séjour.

They never asked my husband to get one, he just had to give them his S1, and I can’t remember, but certainly a proof of his adress (electricity bill) and a copy of his passport. Few weeks ago, we received a letter asking Bill to certify he was still living in France and where is pension was coming from. As I often say, If I were you, I will go with the letter to your local mairie and see if they know a bit more about it. If it is the requirement now, things getting more and more difficult, shows it’s getting urgent to get Cds. We are trying to get a rendez-vous for it via the Morbihan prefecture web site, but for now there is no rendez vous available.

1 Like

They cannot insist on a CdS for a European citizen.

An EU citizen does not require a CdS to live in France or to join the health system. Nobody in the health system can demand a document that isn’t required by law. For an European citizen the appropriate document is their passport.

They are anticipating Brexit !!!

1 Like

Err they cannot and must not until it happens. Until then nothing has changed.

1 Like

Yes indeed, but just show we have to anticipate it, because of the loooooonnnnnnnng french bureaucratie process.

1 Like

I like the looooooooonng French bureaucratic process, if only because it is an antidote to the pompous self-importance and sense of entitlement that seems to be bred into many of my English compatriots here in France, especially when “dealing with” public servants.

I enjoy it when I see the Bulldog Spirit faced down with simple French hauteur and froideur, leaving the Anglo floundering, blustering, swearing and - one sincerely hopes - learning some continental manners, and the practical meaning of Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité. :rofl:

4 Likes

Voilà…

• Le caractère n° 1 indique le sexe (chiffre 1 pour un homme, chiffre 2 pour une femme) ;
  • Les caractères n° 2 et 3 concernent l’ année de naissance (88 pour une personne née en 1988) ;
  • Les caractères n°4 et 5 précisent le mois de naissance (09 pour le mois de septembre) ;
  • Les caractères n° 6 et 7 indiquent le département de naissance (75 pour Paris) ;
  • Les caractères n°8 à 10 correspondent au code commune officiel de l’INSEE (75114 pour une personne née à Paris dans le 14e arrondissement) ;
  • Les caractères n° 11 à 13 indiquent le numéro d’ordre de l’ acte de naissance dans le mois et la commune, afin de distinguer les personnes nées sur le même lieu à la même période ;
  • Les caractères n° 14 et 15 sont une clé de contrôle attribuée par le système (de 01 à 97).
2 Likes

So the current scheme is only good for 100 years - when did it start?

Not that I’m ever likely to be issued with a French social security number.

But the point is that although you can anticipate the change you cannot act as though it has already happened.

Peter there has had to be a court case to establish the principle of fraternity, where people on the border were being charged with assisting illegal immigrants.
There appears to be more equality here in France, but money talks everywhere.
As for liberty, that is a difficult one as well.
If you have a military force charged with controlling the civil population, I don’t find that sitting well with the principle of liberty.

1 Like

But you can start trying to have a rendez vous at the Prefecture to start the process for a Cds to be ready for the end of 2019 !

1 Like

That’s exactly why no authority can demand a CdS now.