An immigrant returns

Simon, your in-car camera ad came with all my french Amazon Prime details filled in for me! Don’t know how they did that but it looks like it’s the shape of things to come :scream::thinking::grinning::+1:

Not blaming you, natch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Because you we’re already logged in to (or hadn’t logged out of) your Amazon account when you opened the link.

Glad you told me that, my wife is always telling me to check the back door :roll_eyes::cry:

Not yet Ann. Always realised at the last moment that i was on the wrong side.

I have considered it. Using Mum’s car at the moment but will definitely get one for my own car.

About a month ago I was driving along the bypass along New Brighton front when a car passed me coming the other way. All other cars travelling that way were the correct side of the barrier. I turned to my mum and said ‘well we passed a parked police car about 100 metres back so that guy is in for a shock!’

I am french and I approve this comment !

3 Likes

Thank you Maxime. I’m chuffed!!

This guy is really funny! He knows just enough French to be dangerous, :joy:.

I couldn’t find my UK license ( which I needed for a speed awareness course). I applied for a replacement on line on the Monday morning and it arrived at Wednesday lunch time. From Cardiff

3 Likes

Driving on the left or right. Whatch out after filling up with fuel. It is almost the same UK or France so it is easy to leave the petrol station on the WRONG side of the road.

Hummmmm…could you ‘expand’ on that concept please @Gfplux

Just feels like any other junction to me. I think twice before pulling out especially when there are no cars on the road I’m joining - a pretty rare event here!

There was a note at the start of this topic saying that there were 52 replies which would take four minutes to read. To read them all completely took me twice as long. Was the note overly ambitious or am I just a very slow reader?

Back to topic; the biggest chance of driving on the wrong side of the road happens for me immediately when I’m starting off.

1 Like

When I lived in Liveroool in the 1960s. bus stops were always a sauve-qui-peut conflict zone, as Scousers don’t queue to get on a bus, it’s mayhem red in tooth, claw, boot and stiletto heel.

We used to use our primitive push-. chair to go for people’s shins or Achilles tendons, like Boudicca’s chariot. In those days pushchairs had all the finesse of a miniature fork-lift truck. Mind you they had to be stored under the stairs so when you got off the bus you often had to buy a replacement… :thinking::joy:

1 Like

Hi Mandy, love your blog. We have been back in the UK now 4 years , for all the positives of being back we still REALLY miss France.

2 Likes

Thank you Joan. Hoping to get back for a visit as soon as is practically possible.

1 Like

Even after just a few months here it seems I am known as l’anglaise avec les poules

2 Likes

Simon re the Dashcam… can you take it out of the car in summer (hide in boot or whatever) to stop it melting, when parked… how do you cope ??

Hi Stella - I just leave it where it is - never been a problem and we can get into the high 30’s down here! In fact you can set it up to start recording automatically when someone approaches the car whilst it’s parked.

1 Like