Anglo Info does it again

Now that our open weekend has finished and was well attended with, the best of all, 4 adoptions plus 2 others in the pipeline, I can tell you another bizarre thing.

That is - I placed the posting on AI Midi-Pyrénée north (where the problem occured) and AI Midi-Pyrénée south. The latter still has the posting displayed, even now !!!

Dohh! Yep they did that to me once over something equally harmless and non-profit making! the mind boggles!

They have had it their own way for too long. Not enough people know about SFN.

Thanks Martin, you and Guide2 have always been super, thanks for your kind words, it isn't just Ron and I though! Chats du Quercy have 41 volunteers who all work their socks off (which is why we are successful too), from cleaning up litter trays, to cuddling cats and running the shop to give us much needed funds. Many people are not aware that on average, each cat costs us 250€ to get to adoption state.

Although we have open days, people are welcome to visit whenever they would like to, just call us to make sure we are around!

I was very surprised too Joe, but I think no response is better than a threatening one!!

Just who do these people think they are???

Hey Lynn, you were lucky to get a reply and reason. Anglo Info are notorious fro deleting and not even giving a reason why.

My Bell Mammon (spelling?) does the same work in Paris. Great work and badly needed.

Thanks Catharine - I really do not understand what AI are up to sometimes! They have the most bizarre rules and seem to change their mind on a regular basis.

1 Like

Well said Martin - you do a fab job Lynn xx

Hi Lynn,

As you know, you always have been and always will be welcome on Guide2MidiPyrenees. Your advert for the Easter weekend is live on the site and feel free to add anything in the Chats du Quercy group on the site. If you give me some info about how the weekend goes, I'll put a news story on the site next week for you.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend and raise loads of money for a very worthwhile cause. I know the amount of time and effort you and Ron put into the charity and every little bit of publicity helps. Sorry i can't make it over to see you this Easter, maybe for the next event.

Martin

Call me Billy no mates if you like, but I'd rather have no friends at all, than ones like this!!

It is actually, as you say, so hilarious, but at the same time sad and quite unprofessional to take this attitude with anyone, let alone a charity!

I only wanted to advertise our open weekend!!!!

That is flipping hilarious! I hope you are suitably scared!!

Good Grief!!

Does anyone know WHO is behind the actual emails you are receiving?

They have also become quite threatening! We have had many email communication over the last day or so, and I have given up replying but this morning I had this, and I'll place it all so that you get the whole context, and it is the last but one sentence that I object to!

Dear Lynn,
I am sure that you are heartily sick of seeing my name in your in-box but I wanted to let you know that I have had a response from Head Office and there don't seem to be any particular exceptions made for charities advertising shops such as the one that has brought us into conflict.
However, individuals can post selling items to raise money for the charity; disinterested parties can post drawing attention to shops such as these; any events/open days can have an entry in What's On.
I repeat, I am here to help you and I am far more useful to you as a friend than not!
Good luck this weekend.

I still find it incredibly stupid that someone can advertise on our behalf but as a charity we can't oursleves, and have taken the decision to never use the AI forum again, more hassle than it is worth!

They are also totally devoid of a sense of humour or irony.

They just take the biscuit, they really do!!

Thanks Eleanor, I'd never heard of that one, and the more publicity we can get the better!

Kind regards

Fear not Lynn, you are in good company. I now place my announcements directly into What's On to avoid problems like yours. I organise musical evenings around the Haute Pyrenees and get lots of cool musicians to come along and play for FREE and I bring my disco and do a cabaret also for FREE. The reason I do it is because firstly I like to perform, secondly the musicians like to perform and thirdly because there is not a lot to do for the expat community that doesn't cost a fortune. Each venue ensure that any food made available is good and cheap and their drinks prices are good so a family can have a great evening out for not much money. BUT, if I place the announcement in the general discussions list it gets bounced because I run a disco. Bizarre!! Especailly when you consider that the only reason they know I run a disco is because I told them.

Hi Lynn,

Thought you'd like to know that EnglishSpoken.com offers free advertising to all charities and non profit making organisations. Simply contact them with your details to take advantage of the offer.

Thanks for your comments, I ahve calmed down somewhat and will take Peter's advice and never use the infuriating forum again. I just find it such a shame, I'm not against rules but they seem to take their pick!

Thanks for your offer too Catharine, the rescue centre open day is already here

http://www.survivefrance.com/group/petrescue/forum/topics/charity-open-weekend

I will add the shop details too.

Lynn, hope you make lots for a very worthy cause. And for AI well I think you will find there are many who really dislike that site,not just the organisers either!! Good luck just wish we could be there.x