Anonymous suggestion tin!

I actually don't think it needs much/any 'improvement' ...

I like the fact that it is evolving naturally and that people 'dip in and out of' conversations add their 'pennyworth' and then disappear for a bit. It has the casual atmosphere of a good phone in (eg the Clive Bull show on LBC), in which responses are/can be light-hearted and frivolous, but are more often really useful and supportive of people...At it's best even the more heated 'banter' is refreshing (because people aren't falling over themselves, to be politically correct all the time - and aren't afraid of speaking their mind) and it's usually entertaining and informative, because the contributions are from people with a wide range of interests and life experience....so if one doesn't/cant change one's stance about something, at least one feels more informed.

So let it just keep on doing what it's doing....

TOO LATE...I REALISE THIS ISN'T ANON....BUT WHO CARES...?

Good idea!
I have just been told by Natwest that I cannot add my wife of two years to my account despite supplying marriage certificate, proof of address (official translation of EDF Bill) etc etc. I am in the process of complaining to The Financial Ombudsman as this surely impedes free movement in the EU.

Why not start compiling a LONG list of all those UK commercial concerns who discriminate against non-residents. Believe me, there is NEVER a legal reason for this, merely mindless kow-towing to UK civil service bureaucracy "regulations". I recently asked for an appointment at a local UK bank branch (and I have had an account there over a number of years) only to be met with a demand for justification of identity, residence, bank account details (THEIRS!) and a host of other documents. There is NO legal justification for this, merely that some civil servant in the UK Treasury has presumably decided that this is the way to combat money laundering, regardless of the EU rules on discrimination. Nonsense of course, but UK companies seem to be so overwhelmed by obeying mindless civil service procedures (these from the bank came straight out of their UK passport document demands) that they have forgotten that their primary concerns are to the owners (shareholders) and their customers, without which they would have no need to exist, and all they wish to do ys to obey what they see as the government of the day (which is NOT the law of the land).

There are many similar examples. It seems that any time I try to do business with a, enterprise in the UK I hit this "not for non-residents" rule as though we were lepers. Quite why a civil servant should hold sway in deciding without apparent evidence that many hundreds of thousands of ex-pats are criminals in the making is not clear. Maybe the BREXIT is a foregone conclusion - it certainly fits with this mentality.

What a good find - I've never seen that. Hope you get some good (nice) feedback.

For your suggestions, don't reply here, you need to click on the Suggestion Ox link above - otherwise it won't be anonymous.

Looks good

Blocking individuals

The more I think about the ability to block individuals like Face Book, the better it would be. Many people dont get on for whatever reason so over the years many very good contributors have left because of small or large slights from others. I personally have decreased my usage of the site because of an unnamed pompous twat who has been everywhere, taught everywhere,, speaks every language and got degrees from everywhere. It was impressive the first 100 or so times he mentioned it, but it really has become very boring. As soon as I see his name, I shut that conversation down which is a shame because others probably have real contributions to make but are shouted down by the twat. Another lady who appears not to understand diction and certainly not paragraph formation drives me and many others to distraction with her vague and incomprehensible garbage. If I could block him and her (interestingly both starting with B), I would be on here much more and happy to contribute more. And frankly I don't care if this is not anonymous. Most people are very good, contributors and seem very helpful. Give me the ability to block the blind rissoles