Another fine mess…

Do you mean to the country or his party?

The UK needs a complete ‘reset’ and neither the Tories nor Labour as individual parties are able to offer that, such is the dearth of competent politicians only a coalition would perhaps give the country a chance of working through the damage caused by Brexit, Covid and now the cost of living crisis.

2 Likes

That may not be a good idea… the Tories have changed the constituency boundaries to favour their ends (they have now taken control of the Electoral Commission) which will come into effect just in advance of the next general election if the present electoral term goes full term. de Pfeffle is still likely to threaten errant Tories (particularly red wall ones with weak bladders) with an early GE but politicos are suggesting that whilst he might threaten them in order to keep his job safe, he wants the GE after the boundary changes have taken place which could see the current Tory majority lifted by about 100 seats. Heaven help the country if that were to happen… IIRC the fixed term parliament act has now been repealed and the date of a GE is in the hands of de Pfeffle, not Parliament.

It needs revolution…

All good stuff, grist to the mill…

Surely that’s gerrymandering so illegal?

de Pfeffle doesn’t care about legality - but in this case, with such a large majority of complete idiots - he can play it as he likes :roll_eyes:

Bloody hell… Can you imagine it???

Boris Johnson has said he is “actively thinking” about a third term, amid criticism of his leadership.

The prime minister was asked if he would like to serve a full second term in office - to 2028 or 2029.

“At the moment I’m thinking actively about the third term and what could happen then, but I will review that when I get to it,” he told reporters.

He’s just acting like a tin pot dictator - just as bad as Mugabe was.
Here he is wanting to spend £150k on a bleeding tree house at Chequers for son Wilf as if he intends to be in residence for ever :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sadly yes.

It is clear that he will not resign, no matter what happens - one way or another he will have to be removed from power.

From Adam Bienkov, Political Editor of Byline Times:

“Asked what would actually force him to resign, Boris Johnson says if his Cabinet forced him to stop defending Ukraine.” :expressionless:

Also:

“Asked how he plans to change after the by-election defeats, Boris Johnson says; “If you’re saying you want you want me to undergo some sort of psychological transformation, I think that your listeners would know that is not going to happen.””

1922 Committee elections are due to run next month and apparently his Whips are trying to push Pro-Boris MPs to run for the 18 senior posts up for grabs.
If successful it would most certainly block any rule change for another VONC.

Scary :scream: yet another clear sign of how utterly detached the guy is :scream:

What’s next, a gold plated pedalcar?

1 Like

Peddling is so passé Jane. Kiddies have little electric cars these days :joy:

2 Likes

That is scary. Dictatorship, albeit time limited, within his grasp. Just a matter of suspending elections due to some yet to be fabricated emergency and Bob’s your uncle.

OTOH

Mind you nothing speaks more to personal ambition ahead of any other concern than jumping ship from Tory to Labour because you think the latter party more likely to win next time around.

I don’t know why people are getting so worked up, he’ll either be gone by the end of the year or limp on and do so much damage to his party they’ll be in opposition for years, either option should be welcomed.

3 Likes

And £150k treehouses seemingly…

2 Likes

It’s called chutzpah

he’s changing the boundaries (already taken control of the boundaries commission) to skew the votes in favour of the conservatives. The changes will take effect just ahead of the next GE if the present Parliament goes full term. He’s already repealed the fixed term parliament act so can bully the red wall Tories into keeping him in Downing Street.

If he thinks there’s any chance of the Tories winning again he won’t wait until January 2025 so will go early and the boundary changes will not likely be have made by then, as for the ‘red wall Tories’ they’re toast anyway, Johnson’s behaviour has seen to that.

Naivety abounds Graham, until it’s too late.