Anti Covid Vaccinations and Covid 'Passport

Latest thing from French Govt is that the Passpost Sanitaire (or whatever they call it) no longer applies for folk coming into mainland France… although one might be asked for a negative test (or whatever)…

Frankly, if you are away when you would normally be due for a booster, you might be advised to seek the booster wherever you are… watch the News and see how Covid and its variants is progressing… just in case it’s suddenly whamming everyone in sight…

As it looks like just 1 day’s difference… why not speak with your pharmacy and ask their advice about possibly getting jabbed the day before you leave…

1 Like

This from a week ago 22 July 2022 might help

I’d follow the advice given by @Stella and book an appointment at your local Pharmacie or MT’s surgery if they are doing them…
I don’t think the dates are mandated except when the time scale is exceeded so an early booster would be encouraged in the circumstances you describe imo.

1 Like

Thanks @Stella and @graham . Because it does seem so confused, probably safest to try to get the booster.

1 Like

I noticed that the times article from @graham stated that the booster does not expire. So, I spent some time looking at this further and found something on gov.uk and something on the French Embassy website that seems to verify that the booster doesn’t time out. The 9 month limit is only between the second shot (or single shot for the single shot vaccine) and the booster shot. So, if you’ve had a booster, which I have, then it doesn’t time out after 9 months. Two articles on the connexion also confirmed this, although I take that with a pinch of salt :pinching_hand: :salt:.

2 Likes

The French Govt is urging folk to get their second Booster done… I’ve been posting this for some time now on the FRANCE Daily 2022 thread… but you’ve obviously missed it…

Virtually every time there is an update on numbers ill/whatever… there’s the addendum that folk do need the 2nd Booster… 6 months from the 1st Booster… and this is from today’s post… which talks of figures as at 25th July…

“Seuls 31,2 % des 60-79 ans, 41,8 % des 80 ans et plus et 46,9 % des résidents en Ehpad éligibles avaient reçu leur deuxième dose de rappel au 25 juillet. Dans une saison estivale de congés et d’activités propices à une augmentation de la transmission du virus, l’agence sanitaire a aussi rappelé la nécessité de l’isolement en cas d’infection et du respect des gestes barrières.”

It’s high-holiday season and likely that the transmission will increase as folk forget to take precautions…
If folk don’t get their 2nd Booster as soon as they can (+6months) there is likely to be another explosion of contaminations etc…

Vaccin contre la Covid -2e dose de rappel : quelles sont les personnes éligibles ? | Service-public.fr.

I wouldn’t take it with a pinch of salt, it’s absolutely correct. If there was really a 9 month deadline for 2nd top up most of the country would be considered unvaccinated now as we’re not eligible yet despite no one seemingly actually wanting a 4th jab (not literally obviously but reports say take up is very low even from those eligible people). No one will bat an eyelid I’d imagine over you being a few days, weeks over the 9 months if you’ve had at least one top up, they’re very unlikely to do a calculation and say “you became eligible for your 4th yesterday and you’ve not had it yet!” but then having said that this is France, the home of bureaucratic pedantry, so anything is possible :see_no_evil: Just go with whatever makes you feel most comfortable, some will be happy not to bother, some will have a miserable time away worrying about it if they don’t . Ironically the last couple of times I’ve flown into a french airport I’ve not been asked a single question by anyone about anything which I found rather disconcerting. Both times no one knew anything of my covid status at all not at Gatwick or Orly, I could have been entirely unvaccinated, or rife with covid.

Cases seem to be falling in the UK, which is good considering France has just had a massive influx of Brits on holiday. There’s quite a way to go, but this is headed in the right direction (watch out in the late autumn/winter, and also for Flu surging back after a quiet 2 years).

If you stand still in our pharmacy you will be offered one! The take-up is depressingly low, our pharmacist despairs!!

Absolutely not @Stella , I always read your posts on that thread … and take it in :grinning::+1:. Trouble is, I’m not 60 until September and so am not eligible for the second booster until then :frowning:. Once I’m back from hols/family visit then I’ll get it done.

1 Like

I very much doubt your pharmacist will be picky on this point!!

Aha… you are but a youngster then… :wink: I’m sure the pharmacy will sort you out… go and talk about it now… not at the last minute. If there’s any weakness/health issue, anything at all… that can get you the 2nd Booster without waiting for the magic 60… :slight_smile:

It couldnt much else from the incredibly high figures it was.

1 Like

no doubt de Pfeffle will be acclaiming it as a world beating drop :wink:

1 Like

Thankfully we dont have listen to the mindless drivel from him.

1 Like

It should really apparent by now, the jab affords some with a little bit of an easier ride when they contract it but the jabs do nothing to halt transmission, the virus moves at its own pace.

Of course, when one has an explosion of contaminations… obviously this will increase the number of folk who have the “bad” reaction to covid… not just a sniffle…
the bad reaction is surely not something anyone wishes to see happen… let alone experience…

On the contrary, vaccination slows transmission, reduces severity and speeds recovery. I’ve seen supporting data, though can’t give you a reference right now. Without vaccination we would now be in major crisis, at least as bad as anything in the last 2 years.

2 Likes

the tous anti-covid app gives regular updates… was it there you saw it?

Must confess, on the French side of things, within the blurb I put on the France Daily thread it talks about how the vaccine does reduce the severity for many (but not all) etc etc…

That part is probably correct but from the figures in the UK it hasnt slowed anything, its ripping through like wildfire. I know more people with it than ever before (BA4&5) many re infected for 2nd 3rd and even a 4th time. The rate via Tim Spector put at 1:17. I do not know of any without jabs and boosters and although it may give them an easier time it really hasnt slowed it from anything I have seen. Of course being in the industry you have access to other data but even that would become public after a while.

Its the idea of blaming the travelling public when they are going into countries with the same or often more cases that gets tiring. Its Homer Simpson, allways blame the foreign guy.