Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Last time I had pheasant, the handyman provided it - and the technique to extract the breasts.

I’ll blur the technique.

Spread the wings on the floor (he did it in the garage) and grasp the legs firmly. Put a foot on each wing and pull the legs. It was completely effective in exposing the breasts, which were easy to cut out (I confess I didn’t use the legs, which was a waste).

The cat was very interested in the garage afterwards.

3 Likes

Oh, interesting. I’ll maybe give it a try if we get more gifts from our friend. Certainly sounds quicker than our attempt last night :grin:

1 Like

Just last Thursday we sent off our dossier to Orange, complaining about a €109 rĂ©pĂ©teur that was never delivered despite transporter saying it was.

Included pages and pages of formal complaint to M or Mme le Procurateur, and police statements, ID, residence permit, inside leg measurement - standard French dossier!

Today we have been reimbursed!

10 Likes

Not great news for the pheasants loved ones :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Yes, that’s true.

Funnily enough my other half kept apologising to the pheasant while she was plucking it, as if it made any difference
 I think the shotgun took care of that a few hours earlier in the day :grin:

2 Likes

That’s why I’d much rather eat game than any farmed meat. The beast has a life (admittedly at risk of predation, illness etc) which is abruptly and (we hope) cleanly ended without any warning.

1 Like

Found my tin of Badger Balm. With winter and having to get hands wet inside and outside I’ve been caught a couple of times not being able to dry them quickly enough. So patches on wrists and hands getting red and split.

Had been looking for my Dermaguard from Lakeland which is an excellent preventative if you know your hands are going to get wet. Meanwhile have luckily come across my tin of Badger Balm. 1 or 2 days of 2 thin applications will heal anything.

3 Likes

So good!! I love it. Also their sleep balm for small children. Burt’s bees also very good.

1 Like

Is it like Tiger balm?

My cheerful news is that 4 of my 8 classes are on work experience starting from today :rofl:

6 Likes

My Christmas present arrived today - a guitar from Thomann in Germany. Well packaged and undamaged. :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Nice present Toni,

2 Likes

Much less linimenty, more lavender and marigoldish.

2 Likes

Lucky you. We used to hang our pheasants in our old privy in the garden.

1 Like

LOL I was imagining a group of badgers in their set mixing up this concoction and then rubbing it on each other :laughing: as I have never heard of it before.

3 Likes

Chris McCactus nous avons quitté.

Roll on next year.

3 Likes

Nous a quittés :wink:

Edited because we are obv the direct object of the verb and consequently assuming ‘we’ are masc plural it should be quittĂ©s. That’ll teach me to be too snappy :joy:

4 Likes

:grinning: For us non 1st language speakers, it is almost automatic to put avons after nous.
But perhaps it is not wrong, perhaps Porridge and his wife have left Chris, and perhaps there is simply a missing comma. :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

It is because the plant, singular, has left.

1 Like

Yes, I know, and I know why @Porridge got it wrong and I know why @vero corrected him.

2 Likes