Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

How lovely, Lily :smiley:

1 Like

My “news” for the day (I have to make the most of small things) is that my parcel arrived from Palais des ThĂ©s today so I have several teas to try out including a couple of breakfast ones so I am very pleased.
One slight puzzle - those of you with healthy lifestyles can probably help me here - is that one of the free samples that arrived with my order was for a detox “tea” (one of a range of 5 differnt ones, apparently) and its function was described as drainant/draining. I checked the dictionaries in case drainant could mean anything other than draining but it doesn’t seem to. Anyone know what it does - before I risk trying it? :rofl:

Probably makes you pee more

1 Like

And that’s a good thing??? :scream:

It was the same with the pottery throw down. Because they are all in a “bubble” together for the duration of the entire filming I think they bond amazingly - makes it very hard for everyone as each week someone leaves.

2 Likes

I’d guess It’s a diuretic. - Oops just saw Mark’s reply.

This gives more info: 15 Natural Diuretics: Herbs, Supplements, Foods, and Drinks

Don’t want it then - I pee quite enough without help :smiley:

Detox teas, foods, drinks etc are to me a bit of a con. The theory is they purify your body to rid it of toxins
well your liver and kidneys do this exceptionally well! So generally they just do have a slightly diuretic/laxative effect to make people think they are doing something

They rarely taste that great either!

1 Like

Hmmm
 think you could well be right there, Jane :smiley: I did buy some detox tea donkeys years ago when I was
er
possibly drinking a wee bit more than I should. It wasn’t a terribly productive experience :roll_eyes: Good job these were only free samples :smiley:

The other tea looks most promising though so I shall start on it/them tomorrow!

Heard our first nightingale this morning. :grin:

1 Like

First vaccination done this morning :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Second vaccination done this evening. :grin:

:+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

I’m not a great royalist but I enjoyed the pomp and ceremony today. The music was brilliant, especially Nimrod played by the band.

2 Likes

Congratulations! :clap::clap:

1 Like

diuretic

I was too sad to watch it. It sounds like they made a good job of the sendoff though.

They did! I think COVID served them well. (May sound a strange thing to say). But only having the immediate family there meant it was poignant and relevant - rather than hundreds of the “great and the good”. The hundreds of the armed forces on the other hand who were there were magnificent and served him proud.
A very special moment was when his carriage and two ponies were brought into the quadrangle - his cap and gloves on the seat beside the driver.

1 Like

Agree Karen and Sue, as I said I’m not a great royalist but it again showed Britannia at it’s ceremonial best imo. The British does that kind of thing well. The Armed Forces were very professional making it poignant , almost ®human’ for me.
The three person choir was brilliant with Eternal Father’ Strong to Save (For those in peril) superbly worked.

2 Likes

Bit of a pat on the back to myself but after 2 and a half years I’ve finally finished the big renovations of the house and yesterday I finished getting the huge garden up top sorted! To give some perspective, it had 12 enormous pine trees on it and a pigeon coop! Also I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a gardener but I did it and with the exception of the tree clearing, all by myself! First picture is halfway through clearing, having cut all the trees down with a mate

Second and third pictures are how it looks today

7 Likes

Agree with Peter the four person choir were superb, singers were classical soprano Miriam Allan and three lay clerks of St George’s Chapel Choir, New Zealand-born tenor Nicholas Madden, alto Tom Lilburn and bass Simon Whiteley, all of whom live within the castle walls :sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes