Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Well, I’ve some good news
 laundry has been on the line for only about 1 hour and it’s almost bone dry
 hurrah.

and daughter and grandson have arrived safely back home in UK after a much needed rest in Kos
 I’m always a little concerned where flying comes into the equation

1 Like

Mowed the lawn (well, the nature reserve surrounding the house) yesterday. Due to my having being very busy, this is first cut of the season. Grass had got to thigh high. But has shrunk back a bit due to the dryness.

First cut is normally very hard. Especially as always leave it long before cutting.

Yesterday no resistance at all on the mower. This is not good news as in 30 years I can’t remember it so dry. Kept it on the highest setting above the ground to leave some length of grass for protection.

Neighbour in the palatial premises opposite, en plein milieu rural, that bought 18 months ago, is obviously still a ‘townie’ as earlier this season they had razed their paddock adjacent to their house flat. I mean really flat. Tennis court flat. Several times. From a grazing-length nice green paddock to flat. Hardly letting it grow at all. It’s not a lawn it’s a paddock. Even before the dryness, this is hard to understand as they don’t use the field.

Now that paddock is a dustbowl. Luckily the winds from their direction to mine are rare and only in the winter.

1 Like

Did my good deed for the day and handed in a wallet lying among the bananas in SuperU. I felt that the €60 I removed from it was fair enough as it was bulging with cash
:wink:

4 Likes

These are particularly for @KarenLot and @rendi60 because it was a bit off-topic on the thread where I mentioned it :smiley:

7 Likes

It is SOOO CUTE! I want one. :grinning: I love the colour. And all the clever stuff at the back. Mind you, in our household we’d need two - his and hers. :grinning:

They’re only small and can be towed by a “normal” town car rather than anything powerful. Probably not a Smart car though!!!

It was hand made by a little team of artisans in Brittany and was the first one they’d done in that colour. I love it!!!

4 Likes

Ermm, where does the bed go ?

The inside is the bed! Comes with fitted (very comfy) mattress. That’s the yellow bit in the pic.

That is soooo lovely. I hate camping but that coukd persuade as I imagine one feels like a secure shield bug tucked up in a cocoon.

2 Likes

Absolutely! It’s incredibly well insulated too and there’s a nice fridge (pic was taken before we put the fridge in the kitchen), power supply that means you can be off grid for two days
 we pretended we were camping for the past two days while it’s in the garden and it was great!

2 Likes

Wow
 just wonderful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the pics, it looks amazing. You’ll have some good times I’m sure.

1 Like

Hasn’t spardo a van like that?

1 Like

Possibly - it’s based on an old American “Teardrop” design

I think I saw an episode of Capital on M6 not so long ago where the couple who designed these were going for the first time to an expo in Paris to sell them.

3 Likes

I love the colour, and the metal top.

1 Like

Very impressive Angela.

1 Like

Could well have done, @Gareth. I think this is their third year of trading and they are turning away orders because they are trying not to grow too quickly. I know only too well from experience that you can’t employ a lot of new staff suddenly and expect them to take on the ethos of the company! They are lovely people and real enthusiasts themselves about off-piste travelling, so to speak

2 Likes

I saw one going along the A89 on Sunday 24th and marvelled at how cute and pretty it was.

1 Like

There are only 20 quite like that, so you were lucky!!!

1 Like