Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Valerian is another ā€œthugā€ which survives everythingā€¦ and seeds excess plants everywhereā€¦
bees and butterflies, hummingbird mothsā€¦ all love it

1 Like

I needed to use my bankā€™s app on my smartphone to connect to my bank account online, urgently, but couldnā€™t find my smartphone. I rang its number from the landline and there was no response, which meant that the battery was flat, the audio had been switched off or it was somewhere else ā€“ I thought maybe forever lost!!!

Help! But I have a Chipolo doodah attached to it, as well as to my wallet and keys. I used the Chipolo app on my other smartphone to find my lost smartphone - and I heard it ringing downstairs ā€“ it works!!!

Such a relief.

1 Like

I have twice recently misplaced my own non smart phone and on ringing it from the landline discovered it was just in front of me. Isnā€™t ageing wonderful. :confused:

1 Like

Yes, isnā€™t aging wonderful? I reminded myself that I was down to my last sleeping pill and that I needed to get to the pharmacy on Saturday morning.

Without it meant no sleep on Sunday night.

Saturday was very hot ā€“ too hot to think clearly - and I forgot! Had a lousy Sunday night but comforted myself that the following morning, Monday, all would be put right. Monday 15th August turned out to be a holiday ā€“ local pharmacy closed! Another sleepless night ahead.

However, I took a chance and drove into a clearly shut-down town but did not see any green flashing pharmacy signs. Decided to take a right turn on my way home, for no apparent reason, and what did I find, a pharmacy! It looked brand new and hadnā€™t seen it before on previous travels through town.

It was open, and I slept!

Glorious, refreshing rain overnight in the East Midlands. It hasnā€™t rained here for soooo long and everywhere the grass is yellow and tinder dry. Reminds me of the south of France. Hasnā€™t made much difference yet but the air is fresh and more rain is coming this week.
Izzy x

2 Likes

I have the same problem with the TV remote ā€“ am I sitting on it, is it under a cushion, did I leave it in the kitchen when I went to put the kettle on ā€“ but no, itā€™s right in front of me!

I often have this tussle with the TV remote and thought many times that I would hang it from the ceiling, within reach sitting down, on a piece of elastic.

Never got round to it and so the tussle goes on. Would look silly hanging from the ceiling anyway, and what would the neighbours say, if they knew!

Iā€™d better get back to the thread - had a good idea about ending my tussle with the TV remote.

1 Like

Paper avis dā€™imposition arrived earlier with new address on it. I did fill in the new address and date of moving on the papers back in May but to be honest I find it very hard to trust any penpusher or computer button operator these days to do their job properly after all the aggro encountered since Feb with the utilities etc. Ameli and the CAF were the easiest to sort out!

Received a letter from Yorkshire Bank (well Virgin Money now :confused:) today saying that they have upped the interest on our current accounts from 1.55% to 1.7%.
All I have to do before filling in next years tax form is find out where to put it. Gave up this year and left them a note. :smiley:

This looks like the answer to my straying TV remote. And thereā€™s an added bonus ā€“ two cats that actually do something useful around the house!

They are made from a bronze/resin mix - quite heavy - so will not stray, and neither now will the remote.

I tried tying the cord around the tips of their tails with a bow, but my knot making skills are not up to it. Long time since I was a Cub.

Three sticky pads hold the cord to the back of the remote, not elegant, but it works.

2 Likes

I remember our school bank was with Yorkshire Penny Bank. I used to be given sixpence each week to go into the bank.
My pocket money was one penny for every year of my age!

Such riches :astonished: :rofl:
In my teens at boarding school I had one shilling per week pocket money which was upped to 1/6 if I promised to put the extra 6d in the savings bank. :roll_eyes: :joy:

May I point Sir in this direction?

https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Rectangular-Tissue-Cover-Multifunctional/dp/B08P5ZDTZD?th=1

A remote tidy and a tissue dispenser. Tissues being used for sneezing and cleaning spectacles.

Urgh, I hate snotty specs. :neutral_face:

If I parked my remote there, I know for certain that Iā€™d soon find it missing, gone walkaboutsā€¦.

If I parked my remote here, and later found it not there, all I need do is follow the blue cordā€¦the good news is that Iā€™m thinking of patenting itā€¦

2 Likes

You can buy, or make, a pocket which fits over the arm of your chair and where you can put the remote.

Iā€™m useless at putting things away so that I can find them again when wanted - ballpoint pens, screwdrivers, you name it! Iā€™ll say it again useless!

Iā€™m ok with keys now - have 3 hooks on the front door, and if they are not there they are in my shoulder bag. So, good progress on that front.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you really need a remote, yours looks so clean and clear, no wear at all, that I donā€™t think you use it much anyway. :rofl:

Itā€™s new - the old packed upā€¦overuse! Must try to watch less TVā€¦!